Friday, December 17, 2010

I Don't Do Surprises.

So, as many of you already know (even though I try not to talk about it 24/7), I'm going to Cuba in January. It's my first trip ANYWHERE (okay, I lie. Midland, Michigan was good to me this summer. But it wasn't Cuba.) - so I'm pretty stoked about it.

The reason I'm going to Cuba? My friend Kerry is getting married, so a whole gang of us are going down to do it up with her and her hubby-to-be Jeff. A week of fun in the sun? Being actually AT one of those beach weddings where the couple's pics are so hot and beautiful with white sand and blue water all around them? Free booze all.week.long???

Hellz yeah. I'm pumped.

Now, tonight is Kerry's bachelorette. My friend Brenda is the one who organized and planned the evening. Originally intended to be the traditional bus tour of the Pontiac, she was forced to alter her plans when one of the only 3 regular stops (for Karaoke in Charteris, you have no idea how wild it can be!!)...well, it CLOSED. Can you believe it?!? No more John Henry crooning in Charteris??

Tragedy. Plain and simple.

(But this probably explains why, when up there in October, after going in with some friends, the waitress who came to take our drink order promptly asked us if we wanted to buy the bar. She said the owner was selling for a super-low price, and it would be a great investment. Keep in mind this bar is smaller than my bedroom. When we all show up on the bus, quite often we don't all fit inside. And it had deer heads hanging on the walls. It was a classy spot.)

So anyways, Brenda was forced to re-work the Bach plans, and has decided to keep them top secret. EXTREMELY top secret. From what I understand, only a few select people have been informed of where we are going or what we are doing, and all have been sworn to secrecy. All we know is that we're going on a bus, we can dress comfortably (PJ's if we want! she swears), we need to bring drinks with us because it will be "quite a little drive", we are not going to eat anywhere, we are not going bar hopping, we are not going to be outside, we are not going to see strippers, and we are not going to some workshop to make our own "toys". (This was the idea I came up with last night. I couldn't think of anything else.)

Where the hell could we be going, people?

Like I said. I don't do surprises.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Well seeing how I wasn't invited or even heard mention of this until Facebook this morning (even though I have always wanted to go on a bus tour) I guess I can't tell ya!

Nicole said...

You are so going to have to let us know once you find out!

Jill said...

Stace, if I ever get to organize a bus tour, you know you'll be on my list!

Nicole - I will definitely report next week on this mystery adventure. Which I STILL don't know what it is.

nancy said...

Iknow, I know!