Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Calm Before the Christmas Storm…

It’s Christmas Week.

merry_christmas,_santa_claus_and_deers

And I know some of you are gonna want to crawl right up into your computer screens, reach out and slap me, but…

I’m ready. 

Pretty much TOTALLY ready.

pictures-for-christmas

Last night, I finished the wrapping.  The decorating is long done.  The baking is all stored in the freezer, waiting for me to fill the tins to take with me to holiday parties.  

I’ve listened to Bieber so much that I almost know the words to “Drummer Boy” off by heart.  That’s right.  I can rap.  (Even the Busta Rhymes parts.) 

I’ve dropped my Angel Tree gift off at the Family Centre.   I got my “Christmas hair do” on Saturday. 

My house is clean.  I did laundry last night, so all of my best Christmas socks are ready for the weekend.  (Well, that and the rest of my good clothes.) 

And the holiday specials and movies that I really wanted to see have all been viewed.  The only one left to go is Miracle on 34th Street, and I always watch it Christmas Eve day.

miracle on 34th street

I have some last-minute grocery shopping to do, which I always save for Christmas Eve day as well.  Just some snacks and fun foods to have around the house for the holidays.  And truthfully, I’m not buying as much as I usually do because…well…the diet, y’know.

Seriously.  I’m almost kind of bored this week.

It’s the calm before the Christmas storm…

But it’s kind of nice.  I’m enjoying the fact that I have time in the evenings to do Yoga or go for a walk or do an exercise video.  I have time to watch whatever special or movie my little heart desires.  I have time to just lie on the couch and sip peppermint tea or hot chocolate, look at the Christmas tree, and think of all I have to be thankful for this time of year…

I keep thinking I must be forgetting something…I’m never this prepared.  There’s usually some kind of last-minute scramble this week.

But literally, the only thing I can think of that I have left to do is paint my nails.  And I’m holding off til later in the week to make sure they’re nice and “fresh”.

tumblr_luh9i8KJei1r32pc1o1_400_large I’m not likely to get this fancy, but I’d LOVE to have nails like this!!!

So very, totally, amazingly ready.  Knock on wood.

Now if only I could make it snow…

***

Linking up today’s post with the lovely ladies of Talk to Us Tuesday…hosted by Impulsive Addict & Shawn!!

Talk2Us

12 comments:

Stacie said...

Oooohhh, do that to your nails. I love it! Merry Christmas!

Nicole said...

Ok so that feeling you have... about forgetting something... think about feeling that way right around your wedding. It's a freaky feeling! Anyway.... if you buy the little french tip strips you can actually do your nails like that and have perfect lines. Now I want nails like that! Thanks ... LOL :). You going to come do mine for me once yours are done? I'm a little lazy!

Connie said...

I've been totally ready since Friday. It DOES feel like I'm forgetting something and I"m having trouble just relaxing.

It's hard work being Type A!

Stacy said...

I am as ready as I am going to be...i am still picking up stocking stuffers (which are going to be overflowing i think) and I am still picking up gifts for Maddy but other than that, all done! I have some baking to do for Saturday but I plan on doing that Friday night!

Beth W said...

Wahooo! Congrats on being totally on top of things. :D

Anonymous said...

I'm ready too... in the sense that I am kind of ready for it to happen and be here already, darn it. :)

Kristine said...

I've been ready since December 5th. It is nice to be able to say "I'm Done" and mean it.
Tomorrow morning after work I am picking up some groceries for the shrimp bake on Christmas Eve.
Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!!

Mrs. Match said...

Those nails are too cute. You should try it! I have absolutely nothing to do this week, and it feels really weird. It's the first Christmas I've been alone in years. I may have to try that nail painting thing just to pass the time!

Have a very Merry Christmas and enjoy your family time!

Impulsive Addict said...

Are you bragging over here? Some of us now hate you for being so prepared.

Ok, I'm with everyone else. YOU NEED TO DO THAT TO YOUR NAILS! That is super cute!! I have faith in you, girl.

Thanks for linking up with us! xoxo

Randomlicious Memoirs said...

That's awesome! I still have to wrap presents and am dreading it. I'm impressed with your preparedness....i keep thinking next year I'll start early! But I'm sure I'll always be scrambling.

Becca said...

We are doing a laid back Christmas, and that is perfectly ok. But I am so jealous of the really organized people like you! I hope that it is a fantastic day and 2012 is a great year!

Shawn said...

Your tree is amazing and I love the nails! Can I be you for just long enough to enjoy the feeling of being done and having beautiful nails and not thin, peeling nubs!

I will confess that I have never seen Miracle on the 34th street or the other popular one that I can't seem to remember right now. DOes that make me a Scrooge? I hope not because I do love Christmas!

THanks for linking up and have a very Merry Christmas!