It’s We Want to Know Wednesday, and as we’re now just 11 days away from Christmas, what better topic to discuss than PARTIES?!? I’m sure we’ve all been enjoying our fair share this holiday season, and we still have the big day coming up, and then New Year’s Eve – the best party night of the year!!
1. Are you a party person? Or do you prefer an intimate gathering with just a few friends?
2. Would you rather be a guest at a party or the hostess with the mostess?
3. What is your favorite party food or drink? (I'd love to see the recipe!)
4. What is the best party you've ever been to?
5. What is your favorite party game?
1. Are you a party person? Or do you prefer an intimate gathering with just a few friends? Oh, I’m a party person. Or, at least, I used to be. Back before I became an old lady who preferred to get into the jams and hit the couch at 8:30 on a Friday or Saturday evening. Back before I started a diet that doesn’t really permit alcoholic calories. *sigh* I also enjoy a smaller gathering, as well, and look forward to spending time with my friends! I just sometimes miss the good ol’ wild drunken days, ya know?
2. Would you rather be a guest at a party or the hostess with the mostess? I like to be both. When I’m in the right frame of mind, I really enjoy organizing a party and having people over. But I also enjoy the stress-free delights of being a guest.
3. What is your favorite party food or drink? (I'd love to see the recipe!) Oh, party food. One of my biggest nemeses. Coming up to Christmas Eve, I’m just thinking of the spread around Patti’s island…I think every last bit of it is my favourite. The variety of sausage bites and mustards, bacon-wrapped water chestnuts, spinach dip, nacho dip…it’s absolutely mouth-watering.
I usually take a cheese ball, which my friend Sara introduced to me several years ago, and it has become a family favourite!
Sara’s Famous Cheese Ball
2/3 C miracle whip
4 C mild cheddar cheese (grated)
8oz pkg cream cheese
1 tsp worchesire sauce
pinch of onion and garlic (you can use onion and garlic powder)
1/2 C chopped olives
Mix everything together, shape into a ball and roll in parsley flakes before serving! Best if made one day ahead.
(sometimes I add bacon to it too)
4. What is the best party you've ever been to? Oh God. That’s almost impossible to answer. It feels like I’ve been to some pretty legendary parties over the years. There are some people in our town who know how to throw an epic party… And pretty much every Christmas Eve for the past 30 years has been amazeballs.
*update* I just realized I said “every Christmas Eve for the past 30 years”. I am only 28 years old. I have no idea where I was going with that. But yeah. They’re a lot of fun. ;)
One party that comes to mind was our Canada Day Committee Party a few years ago at Mark & Vikki’s. What a wild, fun night that was…
And then there was the Murder Mystery cast party at my place a few years ago.
I was in bed by midnight that night, but before I passed out, I got pictures of Lynn with her sweater zipped RIGHT up…
Steph with a can opener in her pants…
Aaaand Troy after he farted.
Oh yes, that was also the night I spilled my drink on my couch. And then I Swiffered it.
Almost makes me want to do it again. Except that I have new couches now, and there can be no spilling or Swiffering…
5. What is your favorite party game? I’m not a big fan of party games. In fact, 98% of the time, I hate party games. Just ask my friend Erin how much I love playing Boxhead. HATE IT!!!!
That being said, we’ve had some fun nights playing Kings. And I also like a good game of poker. But otherwise…I usually pass on the party games.
I prefer to spend the time drinking. And dancing.
And now, after all this…I really want to PARTY!!!!!!!