- I felt old on Saturday. REALLY old. It was the big Halloween costume party at Gavan’s, and I had absolutely no desire to go. I know part of it is the fact that I’m on a serious crunch diet (ha! you should see how badly I’ve been doing with THAT!) and I knew I couldn’t squander those valuable little calories on rum in my Diet Cokes. And who wants to go hang out at a bar packed with little kids and drink Diet Coke with no rum? Not me, apparently. I also had no inspiration for a costume. So I ended up putting on my jams and watching episodes of The Vampire Diaries. How LAME and OLD can I get?!?!
- Speaking of The Vampire Diaries... My friends who love it have been telling me I need to get on-board. Any self-respectin’ Edward lover needs to know about The Vampire Diaries, too, they say. They’ve been telling me that I was for sure going to be a hard-core Damon fan. So far, only two discs into Season 1, I’m definitely a Stefan girl. They tell me to hang on, that I’ll come around on Damon yet. We’ll just have to see about that… All I can say is that if there had been a Stefan hanging around my high school back in the day, I would’ve been racing to get on the school bus every morning…
- Speaking of vampires…SEVENTEEN DAYS UNTIL THE BREAKING DAWN PART 1 MIDNIGHT PREMIERE. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
- I got to take in the Halloween festivities at Scotiabank Place on Sunday night as the Sens took on the Leafs, because I won tickets from the Team 1200 in a Facebook contest. I knew they were first-level seats, but when I found out I was in Row D, I almost fainted. I’ve never sat that close before in my life. It was such a fun night – Sharon and I grabbed some yummy peppermint mochas at Starbucks, then headed to SBP and found our seats. We were fortunate because while there were a pile of rambunctious Leaf fans in attendance, the ones in our vicinity were pretty tame. I was hoarse by the end of the night from roaring “GO SENS GO” in the endless battle of chants, but it was all worthwhile when the boys in red, black & gold brought home a narrow 3-2 victory. I hardly ever get to see a win at home (I actually often think I’m bad luck when I’m in a seat at SBP), so it was a very special Halloween treat!
- I had to Youtube Bryan Berard & Marie-France Dubreuil’s skate on Battle of the Blades yesterday because I missed the Halloween episode Sunday night due to the hockey game. I was, once again, very impressed by their skate, and I was glad to see they made it through again last night. One step closer to winning in honour of D.I.F.D!
- Halloween is one of my favourite days of the year. I don’t enter into dressing up – at least not anymore – but I so look forward to seeing all the little spooks at my door! When I was a kid, my parents’ end of town only saw about 30 trick-or-treaters (they get even less now) – but where I’m located downtown, I got about 165 at my door last night! I’m kicking myself for not uploading pics yet to show you, but there were some pretty cute little strawberries, a box of Timbits, a cupcake, a hamburger, a beautiful witch, Jessie from Toy Story, a cow, dinosaurs, super heroes, princesses, a pink poodle, a firefighter, a monkey, and many, MANY more. But definitely one of the biggest highlights was Cowan in his “Men’s Fitness Magazine” costume! I’ll get the pics up later this week to show you how cool it was. He hung out at my place while Brenda and I handed out candy, and often I could hear the parents laughing from the side of the road while their kiddies collected loot. I’d wonder to myself what was so funny, then turn around and realize they could see Cowan standing there! haha! It was a fun night, and I’m so glad all of my friends & family bring their little cuties to see me on Halloween!
- You know what’s almost scarier than Halloween? It’s MOVEMBER. That means that many of the men around here are going to be growing icky mustaches. All for a good cause, of course, as they raise money and awareness for prostate cancer, but the staches are just so…blech!! If anyone needs to see the reasons why I so dislike the mustaches, just click here. And here. And here. And here. …Good luck, gentlemen. :)
So the ghosts and goblins will all be packed away for another year, and now the Christmas season can begin!! On my list of things to get ASAP: Justin Bieber’s new Christmas album, which I believe drops today! YES!!!
I know. That’s scary.