TOMORROW IS THE DAY!!! SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!
Well, I guess technically Friday at 12:01 AM, but by tomorrow I should be delirious with excitement and pretty well useless, other than to think about and talk about Breaking Dawn.
Sharon, Lindsay, Brittany & I are heading out for dinner after work/school, and then over to the theatre to wait in line with the rest of the midnight premiere crazies. I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it yet, but…
So in honour of all the Twilight excitement here on the blog this week, I decided to take part in this fun vamp-themed linky party, hosted by Star and Tara. (Thanks for drawing my attention to this, Lena!!)
1. Are you going to see Breaking Dawn at the midnight release? Yes!!!! This is my first midnight movie premiere, and I can’t wait to be there for the hype and share it with my Twi-crazy friends!
2. Scene you're most looking forward to in Breaking Dawn? Umm…the love scene? That one we keep hearing about, the one we’ve been waiting years for?? Yes. Definitely. OH, and the wedding…. And that honeymoon scene in the water, by the waterfall, that I keep seeing sneak peeks of. And if there’s going to be a birth, I’m sooo looking forward to that. So…basically…yeah…all of it!!!
3. Team Edward or Jacob? TEAM EDWARD all the way!! (Although I have developed a fondness for Jacob. I disliked him in the books, but Taylor Lautner’s such a little hottie, how could you not love him on-screen?! And yes. I know I’m too old to call Taylor Lautner a little hottie. Whatever. I’m not the only pervy old lady that likes him.)
4. Favorite book in the Saga? I think I’d have to say the one that started it all, the very first book, Twilight. I enjoyed them all, but I remember reading Breaking Dawn, and sort of missing the innocent Edward-sneaking-into-Bella’s-room-to-watch-her-sleep sweetness. (And yes, I do realize that might sound more creepy than sweet to some people.)All of that star-crossed vampire-human teen love was what started it all and drew me in.
5. Favorite character in the series and why? Edward. I love Edward. I want my own Edward. It’s all about Edward. Always Edward.
Rob Pattinson almost ruined it for me at first, because while reading the books, I had pictured Shane West as Edward. But it took about 2 minutes for me to get used to him. ;)
6. Why do you love Twilight? I really don’t know if I can nail it down to just one thing. I was a late-comer to Twi-Mania. The first movie was already in theatres before I even picked up one of the books. I swore it was not my thing; that I knew I was going to hate it.
And then, next thing you know, I’ve read the book faster than any book I’ve ever read before in my life. I read all of the other books in a whirlwind haze of vampire addiction, and then saw Twilight when it came out on DVD. New Moon and Eclipse were both seen in theatres within the first few days of release. I actually saw New Moon twice in theatres.
So what is that hooked me? What made me fall in love? I think the idea of hopeless romanticism. I mean, how could it ever possibly work out for a human teenage girl and 100-something-year-old vampire? It’s like a crazy dream come true.
Plus, Edward. I mean, really. How could you not love him?
7. Are the books or movies better? Books are always better than the movies. But I’ve enjoyed the flicks as well. I think they’ve done a very good job bringing the story to life on the big screen.
8. What do you dislike about the series? Well, at one time I would’ve said Jacob. That pesky little dog got in the way a lot for me when I was reading the books, and I just wanted him to shoo!!! But, as I mentioned, the movies have given me a greater appreciation for him. ;)
I guess I dislike how Bella was stringing both Edward and Jacob along, especially in Eclipse. “Edward, I love you, I’ll marry you.” “Oh, Jacob! Don’t go! Kiss me!” Blech. Don’t be so damn wishy-washy, Bella!
That, and I hate that they replaced Rachelle Lefevre in the role of Victoria after she portrayed her so well in the first two movies, with Bryce Dallas Howard in Eclipse. That didn’t work for me, at all.
9. Your craziest fan moment. I don’t think I can compare to some of the wild stuff the Twi-Hards do. Probably my craziest moment (thus far) was taking a day off work to see New Moon at noon the day it was released. (I apparently had never heard of midnight premieres back then!) Britt and I got to the theatre around 10 AM and joined a bunch of others already lining up at the doors. It was cold and rainy, but we didn’t care. When the theatre staff finally opened the doors to let us in (earlier than they were supposed to), we mad-dashed to get the seats we wanted – last row, centre. I felt like a kid again!
10. Do you have a Twilight collection? I own all the books, and also the Official Illustrated Guide, which my friend Sharon gave me for my birthday. I bought a few of the People magazine special editions and stuff like that too. An Edward bookmark. And I have all of the movies and soundtracks, of course. But I don’t think it’s that extreme. No posters of Edward on my ceiling or Edward dolls in my closet! haha!
OH WAIT! I do have a little Edward and Bella Christmas ornament that Lindsay gave me for Christmas last year! My 2-year-old niece Danica likes to play with it and asks me, “Who dis boy and girl?” haha!
Ahhhhhh!!!! I can’t believe that we’re less than two days away now!!
Seriously. I’m not sure if it’s normal for a 28-year-old to be this excited about it, but I don’t even care at this point.
This is going to be NUTS!!!!! :)
(Okay, so I don’t really believe this. Stefan and Damon kinda rock, too.)