Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Let’s Talk…Random Tuesday stuff.

Going random this week for Talk To Us Tuesday hosted by Impulsive Addict and Shawn -  one of my favourite weekly link-ups because there are NO RULES – JUST TALK!

Talk2Us

  • My friend Stacy and I co-hosted another successful Escape @ Home day on Saturday at my place.  Steph from New Leaf Wellness and her team of massage therapists and relaxation service providers showed up at my door bright and early, and then our many friends and family members who had booked appointments arrived throughout the day.  It’s always a fun day of relaxing, snacking, and chatting.  I enjoyed my hot stones massage and reflexology appointments, and was treated to a Turkish coffee reading on the house!   Thanks to all who joined us, we hope you enjoyed your services!
  • Strangely enough, since then, I’ve had a wonky hip.  I know it has nothing to do with my massage on the weekend – but man, do I ever wish I could have one now!  It’s this weird twinge.  It doesn’t hurt all the time, but when it does flare up, it’s a nagging little pain.  I need magic hands to heal it, because my stretching and hot bag have had no effect thus far.
  • Saturday night, after Escape Day had ended, I had my nephew Caden over for our very first sleepover, just him & I (and Brenda and Britt and Cowan!).  Let me tell you, having a 6-year-old around makes life interesting.  First, when I asked him how many Pogos he wanted for supper, he told me he could eat 10 to 12 of them.  When I laughed, he insisted that’s how many Pogos he could eat.  I made three, and Brenda told him if he was still hungry after that, she’d cook him the rest of the box.  As it turned out, two was plenty. ;)  We then settled in to watch one of my favourite childhood movies, The Sandlot.  Caden loved it too and stayed awake for the whole thing, even though my sister had warned me he might fall asleep because he had been up early that day (WHO makes Kindergarten-aged kids play hockey at 7 AM on a Saturday?!?!?)  In fact, he then stayed up for the rest of the Sens game, and I think he would have watched all of Angels in the Outfield  too if I hadn’t shut it off and told him we’d watch it in the morning.  Almost 10:30 before the boy finally went to sleep!  He’s an early-riser, so I was dreading him waking me up in the morning, but he didn’t stir until 7:40 AM, and then lay in bed and watched the rest of Angels in the Outfield before getting up to get ready for church.  I think Caden and I will have many sleepovers in the future!  It was so much fun to have him!
  • BRYAN BERARD & MARIE-FRANCE DUBREUIL WERE IN THE BOTTOM 3 LAST NIGHT?!?!  I was shocked by this.  They had the best skate of the night on Sunday on Battle of the Blades, and earned 6.0’s across the board from the judges.  I was not impressed when they had to take part in the Monday night skate-off.  Fortunately, the judges unanimously voted off Curtis and Elena.  So Bryan and Marie-France will go up against David & Tessa and Boyd & Tanith next week in the finale!  Good luck to them!  I hope they can win this for D.I.F.D.!

bryan and marie-france 3

  • All of you Damon fans might be right.  I think I might be finally starting to warm up to him.  It’s taken almost two discs of Season 1, but he’s growing on me.  I might officially be jumping from Team Stefan to Team Damon.  (Do these vampires even have teams??)

team damon Apparently they do…

  • My current most favourite tea is Mulled Apple herbal tea with a touch of sweetner.  Mmmmmmm.

pc mulled apple tea

  • My current most favourite nail polish is e.l.f. polish in Smoky Brown.  Perfect fall nails!

nail3

  • Today would have been my cousin Troy’s 38th birthday.  We all miss him so much and think of him every day.  So in his honour, I’m closing today’s post with a verse from Bob Dylan’s song, “Forver Young” – it has made me think of him ever since cousin Kayla introduced it to me, a year ago today.

May your hands always be busy,
May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation
When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful,
May your song always be sung.
May you stay...Forever Young.

Troy

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

Love the polish! I might have to order that! Im enjoying some mulled apple while reading this! Yum! xo

Stacy said...

I need a massage on my leg - last night woke up screaming with such bad cramps in my legs...
I couldn't believe your extensive collection of teas at your house on Saturday...I think you have an obsession!

Sharon said...

Whoa! Awesome Damon pic in the white wife beater... rrroarrr. lol Wait until you see the episodes I've been watching... DROOL!

VandyJ said...

Turbo loves The Sandlot. I know both my kids are great holdouts when fun is in the making--they would stay up forever too.
Awesome that your favs are holding on for the championship.

Impulsive Addict said...

OH a massage sounds wonderful. My neck is KILLING me lately.

Just the name of that tea sounds fabulous. I'll have to see if my hellmart has it.

You have such pretty nails! I love that fall color! I don't take care of my nails and it shows. =(

Aww...well Happy Birthday to Troy even though he's not here to celebrate.

Thanks for linking up with us Miss Jill! We appreciate it. Have a great week!

Janette @ The Johanson Journey said...

What a thorough post! Love that color! I can't seem to keep nail polish on my fingers to save my life. Sweet tribute to your cousin and i'd give my right arm for a massage right now! What's up with the wonky hip? Does stretching help?

Mrs. Match said...

Damon is amazing. Sooo much better than boring ol' Stefan. The latest season you're sure to fall in love with him!

I would give anything to have my nephew over for a sleepover. How fun!! But he lives far away and I've never even been able to babysit. :-( And you watched Sandlot? Forever, forever! Loved that movie.

Stacie said...

If you had just said brown polish and not shown the pic, I would have been skeptical, but I love it!

Chell said...

Love that shade of polish! I have been sporting tough taupe lately.

Nancy said...

I said a prayer for all the Youngs when I read that song on your fb page. Its so perfect.

Love the brown polish!

Caden was so grown up at your place! He looked so handsome in his sweater from Uncle Reid with his hair all combed. Love Kara's kids!