Monday, May 02, 2011

Getting to Know You - Royal Wedding Edition!

I'm not over the Royal Wedding yet. Not even a little bit. In fact, I'm a little obsessed with it. I mean, the big news this morning is clearly about Bin Laden, but I still want to talk about Wills & Kate.

And I discovered a fun way to do so - I'm linking up with Keely's Getting to Know You, and all the questions pertain to the wedding of the century!



1. Did you watch the Royal Wedding? Indeed I did! I didn't get up as early as some, but I made it to the front of my TV by the time Kate was getting into her car to go to Westminster Abbey. I watched right through til it was time to go to work, and then caught the kiss live-streamed over the Internet at the office! (And I got up and watched it all again Saturday morning!!)



2. Tea and crumpets or coffee and a scone? Tea & crumpets please! (Or, as we celebrated at the office that morning, with Mimosas and Flaky pasteries cut up into bite-sizes!)

3. Who's cuter..Prince William or Prince Harry? I was a William girl in my teens, and still find him quite attractive, but Harry's really grown into his looks, and I must say I find him to be the the more handsome of the two now. He's got way better hair. Plus, he's a bad boy. Who doesn't love a Royal bad boy?!





4. Can you speak in an English accent? Hee hee! I don't know if it's a good one, but I completely drove my friends nuts over the weekend reciting the vows (or at least the parts I remembered), simply because I love saying "William Arthur Louis Philip" in my British accent! Oh, and "meegraine"! My new favourite word!!

5. Do you own a fancy hat? Do ball caps count? I doubt it. So, no. But I certainly enjoyed critiquing the ones I saw on TV Friday morning! (Most specifically, the ghastly ones that Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice wore! Eeek!)



6. Would you rather live in a castle or an English cottage? Either will do! haha! But I think a nice cozy English cottage would be a lovely place to stay! (I totally just said that in my head in my annoying British accent.)



7. How old were you when Prince Charles and Princess Diana got married? Were you even born? I wasn't born until '83, so I've only seen footage over the years. But my mom always oohed and ahhed over it, so I didn't want to miss my chance to take in a piece of history and something as spectacular as Charles & Di's day.



8. Have you found your prince? Negatory. Please refer to The Single Girl Files.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

mmm scones!! and I agree about Prince William and Prince Harry!