Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It's a "We Want to Know Wednesday"!!

Today I'm linking up for "We Want to Know Wednesday", hosted by Janette, Mamarazzi, Shawn, & Impulsive Addict.

Photobucket

This week's questions are:

{1} What game show have you always thought you could be on and totally WIN!
{2} Do you have a tattoo(s)? What are they and what made you chose them? If not, would you get one, yes/no/why?
{3} What is your favorite piece of jewelry that you own?
{4} What is your driving pet peeve(s)?
{5} What was your favorite sitcom growing up that you wish was still on?

Here we go!

1. What game show have you always thought you could be on and totally WIN! I WISH I had the stamina and willpower to tackle a new-age "game show" like Survivor or The Amazing Race, but I think I'd probably have a better chance of winning something like Wheel of Fortune. I'd have to study up on my word puzzles first, though.


2. Do you have a tattoo(s)? What are they and what made you chose them? If not, would you get one, yes/no/why? I do not have a tat - and never thought I'd even think of getting one. Until last summer. Then my cousin Jeff passed away, and a few of the cousins talked about getting a green ribbon tattoo with his initials to commemorate him. My mom thought this was a terrible idea. I still thought I would do it despite her dislike.

Then, two weeks later, my cousin Troy passed away. And with that, I didn't know what to do about the tattoo. I realized if I got a tat everytime someone I loved passed away, I might be covered in ink. Also around this time, my Aunt Marion (Jeff's mom) told me she didn't like the tattoo idea at all. (As you can see, my mom's side of the family aren't fans of permanent skin ink!)

A few months later, my cousin Tiffany got a tattoo that said "Forever Young". I saw the pictures and loved it. I've made up my mind that someday, I would like to get a small one like that, but I just haven't decided where. It means something to me, because my family name is Young, I love the Bob Dylan tune by the same name, and it will also make me think of Jeff and Troy, who, in my mind, both get to be "Forever Young".


3. What is your favourite piece of jewelry that you own? I love the silver celtic-style rings my aunt has bought for me over the past few years. I don't own a lot of jewelry, but I always have one of those rings on.


4. What is your driving pet peeve(s)? Eeek...people probably have pet peeves about MY driving! But there's absolutely nothing worse than coming up behind someone driving super-slow on the highway, and not being able to pass them. I haaaate that!

5. What was your favourite sitcom growing up that you wish was still on? Oooh, so many!! I miss those old shows. When I was a kid, I was a big fan of The Cosby Show, Happy Days, All in the Family, and Full House. In my teen years and beyond, I became a Friends junkie. As I mentioned not long ago, I still keep my Friends DVDs in steady rotation. I really wish it could have lasted forever...


If you would like to play along with "WWTKW" visit any of the blogs I mentioned above and link up!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the ring, simply gorgeous.

I really like the tat idea. Go for it. (Saying this, I have no ink myself but will take my 17 yo on her 18th b-day)

Lots of Friends fans out and about- which friend are you most like? (There was a quiz a few years ago- I'm Phoebe- flighty and new agey and very upbeat - mostly)

VandyJ said...

That is a great tattoo idea. I have toyed with the idea of something to do with my boys, but don't have the guts to get something permanent--yet.
I never really got into Friends. I like some of the shows but liked other stuff more.

Nicole said...

I'm a friends Freak too! I have the Scene it Friends version... do you? I win when I play against Mark but I have an advantage... LOL

Mamarazzi said...

love me some wheel of fortune and friends. at least one of the shows is still on!

thanks for linking up!!

Stacie said...

Oh, I am horrible at passing cars, especially on the highway, it makes me so nervous!

Beautiful ring!