The Internet is being a total douchebag here these days – just about as assholey as an Internet can be – and it was down all day yesterday. So you know what that means. It means I have a lot to say today. Lucky you guys.
- So my plan for yesterday’s blog was to do one of those “What I’m Wearing Wednesday” posts that I never, ever, ever do, because I’m anything but a fashionista, my friends. And truthfully, the pictures I have were not actually of clothes I was wearing on Wednesday, but they were clothes that I was looking for opinions on. So let’s do this now, shall we?
Skinny jeans from American Eagle – Yay or Nay?
Belted Permafleece jacket from Old Navy – Yay or Nay?
- Thank you to my mom for being my photographer, even though I did tell her she wasn’t very good at it. For the record, she voted “Yay” to the skinny jeans (shocked) and “Meh” for the jacket. I also don’t like those boots as well as I thought I would. I want a brown pair. Like all the cool girls wear.
- And PS, I hate all my fat, but most especially my fat face and multiple chins. ugh.
- Seriously, though – that first outfit? Is it presentable enough for Chad Brownlee on November 6th? I’m just not sure…
- I went shopping last night for Halloween Candy. To Wal Mart. Have I mentioned lately how impatient I get at Wal Mart? Like, I wanted to punch everybody in the nose. Including the crying babies. And the lady who needs a service dog who was stuck in every aisle I went down. AND the service dog too. It was a frigging zoo. And the Halloween candy section? Complete mayhem. I couldn’t get out of there fast enough.
- You all should know that I’m putting a freeze on my credit card again. I’ve gone way over-board lately with the on-line shopping. I had to remind myself of this last night when I was completely de-railed by the Magic Mike display of DVDs that Wal Mart so conveniently set up to distract me right in the middle of the aisle. I was all like, “Get in and get out, only buying things on the list, the sole purpose of this mission is Halloween candy… Oooooh Channing Tatum! Oooooh Magic Mike!. I want! I need! I MUST HAVE!!!”
- I was even holding it in my hand, reasoning that $18.94 was a pretty good price for so much deliciousness to be see on my very own television screen, when Sensible Jill (she’s the complete opposite of Sadie, by the way) popped up and said, “NO!! PUT IT DOWN!! ASK FOR IT FOR CHRISTMAS!! IT IS NOT ON YOUR LIST!!!”
- I listened. Miracle, I know.
- Now, for the record, the credit card freeze is only just beginning now, actually. Because I kind of did use it this morning. To buy tickets to the premiere of Breaking Dawn Part 2. Now it’s time to get EXCITED!!
- I wasn’t really feeling the BDPart2 excitement until today, because two members of my usual Twilight crew had indicated they weren’t all that interested in doing the late-night viewing of this installment, and when trying to pin down a time to go see it opening weekend, we were unable to make conclusive plans. Then I told my girl Britt that I didn’t think we were doing the midnight premiere, and she looked at me like I had just told her I’d killed her puppy and ate it for lunch. That one look put the premiere plans back in action for me! As it turns out, a local theatre is showing it at 10 PM on November 15th. Tickets are purchased! Can’t WAIT!!!
- Back to the no longer spending money topic… I sunk quite a chunk of change last night on Halloween candy. Partly because I want to be known as one of the “good houses”, and in order to buy enough candy to be a “good house” to approximately 150 kids, it’s not cheap, dudes. And partly because I bought enough to hand out treats to more like 180 kids instead of 150. That’s right. I bought extra just for me. Apparently, 1 Jill = 30 little kids. I’m so good at math.
- Last year, I was on a pretty serious diet at Halloween time, so I only bought candy that I didn’t really like in order to not tempt myself. This year? Not so seriously following the diet, unfortunately. So I only bought stuff I LOVE. Brilliant.
- Saturday night is officially my Scary Movie Watching Night. I’m contemplating renting Scream 4 (haven’t seen it yet), and also breaking out some of my favourites: Halloween H20, Pet Semetary, The Exorcism of Emily Rose… Who wants to come for a sleepover???
There is so much more brewing around in my head, but I think this is enough for one day. Happy Thursday, pals!