That’s right. It’s not a real day.
Why is that, you ask? Well, because this past weekend was full of so much fun that I’m still recuperating. So while I’m sitting at my desk at work, I’m really not here.
Because this day is not real.
Let’s go random.
- I’m unbearably cold today. Can’t seem to get warmed up. My feet are freezing. (A sign that it’s time to put away the flip flops, perhaps?) …And just as I write this, one of our employees comes bustling in saying it’s so hot outside. I’m severely outta whack.
- Thanksgiving weekend. It was wonderful. I’m sorry that it’s over already. My turkey was delicious. My family was full of silliness and there was so much to be thankful for.
- My brother, who had pigged out at not one but two turkey dinners over the weekend, lay on my sister’s living room floor post-Turkey-#2 and moaned, “Dear God, please give me the strength to get this turkey out of my body.” Weirdest. Prayer. Ever.
- This morning, I invited my mom over for a spaghetti dinner, thinking she’d probably enjoy a reprieve from the turkey leftovers. She said, “Sure, what time?” I said 5:30 ish. She said, “Oh are you not going for your walk after work?” And I said, “No. Because this is not a real day.”
- Another funny thing that happened at Thanksgiving: My brother asked our 3-year-old niece to give him a massage. She gladly climbed up on the chair behind him, wrapped her little legs around his neck, and then proceeded to poke him in the eyes. He very dryly commented, “Well…this is the first time I’ve ever had an eyeball massage…”
- TUB RAVE!! Yes, it was TUB RAVE this weekend!! Except, we had no Rave. So I guess it was just a Tub. And I didn’t go in the Tub, either. So I guess it was just a party in Dale’s garage. But Dale’s garage parties never disappoint. It was a good time.
- Speaking of which – I think I was officially booed off stage in Dale’s garage. I remember playing a song, and screwing it up, and then apologizing for screwing it up, and being told by several people to never play that song again anyways ‘cause they hated it. Yep. BOOED OFF STAGE.
- I don’t blame them. I was horrible.
- I’m blaming my horribleness on the bottomless Caesar I carried around all night. It tasted great, but I lost my voice from all the shouting. I was a squawky mess.
- Note to self: Never let Lindsay be in charge of finding movie times. I told her I wanted to see Trouble With The Curve. She knew it was about baseball, so when she looked up the movie times, she looked up Pitch Perfect instead. Because, you know… “Pitch” is in the title, so that one must be about baseball. *sigh*
- Turns out? Pitch Perfect was hilarious, and I’m glad we saw it instead. It was like a mash-up of Glee, Bring It On, and Step Up. And it made me want to go back to college and start an acapella group. I can’t sing, but whatever.
- After coming back from the movies yesterday afternoon, I was hit with a really bad sinus headache. My mom seems to believe it to be due to being hung over from Tub Rave, but I swear it wasn’t that. I’m still feeling wonky today. That’s another reason why today is not a real day.
- WHY DIDN’T SOMEONE TELL ME IAN SOMERHALDER’S CHARACTER WAS GOING TO DIE ON LOST BEFORE SEASON 1 WAS OVER?!?!
I think there was more to tell you, but I can’t remember it all now. Let’s just say it was a fabulous weekend. Fabulous.
Well. Except for Ian Somerhalder dying on Lost. And the headache. And the getting booed off stage.
But other than that…Fabulous.
You know what is fabulous? In making my rounds reading my favourite blogs this morning, I discovered that Impulsive Addict and Shawn are celebrating their 55th week of Talk To Us Tuesday with some giveaways for their long-time contributors. Vandy won for the most times linking up with them, and six other faithful linker-uppers were put into a draw – and I won!! Woo hoo!!! Thank you so much ladies – I love Talk To Us Tuesday, and I love both of you! :)
Also linking up for Random Tuesday with Stacy Uncorked :)