- Is it possible to still… STILL…be hung over? I swear, I still feel like a bag of crap. Hey. Maybe I have the flu?? Maybe it wasn’t too much booze on Saturday night at all. Maybe that just happened to coincide with me coming down with the flu. Yeah… that must be it.
- No. I don’t have the flu. I think today I feel like crap because instead of detoxing last night, I only fed my body more crud. I was still feeling half-dead, so rather than exercising and eating a healthy dinner, I lay on the couch, ate chips and pizza, drank Diet Coke, and slept. Not my wisest move…but I really didn’t feel like doing much else last night.
- I tried watching The 5-Year Engagement last night. And it felt like it lasted for FIVE FRIGGING YEARS. Or at least five frigging hours. I know that part of the problem was I kept falling asleep, and then waking up and skipping back to the last scene I remembered watching, but honestly… longest.movie.ever. I was not nearly as entertained as I’d hoped to be.
- Oh! The fashion show! I haven’t reported on that yet! So. I was an “official dresser” for the very first time at the fashion show at Oktoberfest on Friday night. Each of the dressers were given two models to outfit for the evening. All the outfits were pre-selected and organized, so basically all I had to do was get my two ladies into their clothes, and make sure each outfit was hung up neatly after being discarded. It was actually a lot of fun, and my mom said it was one of the smoothest shows she’s ever been part of. Oh, except for the fact that one of the models ALMOST DIED. No, I’m not exaggerating. Okay, maybe a little. But one of the girls did fall down the flight of stairs heading to the stage. Thankfully, it wasn’t one of the older ladies. Thankfully, she only suffered some bruising. And thankfully, she was not one of my models. She was my mom’s. Totally her responsibility.
- As always happens with the turn of the season, I’ve had a recent urge to revamp my fall wardrobe. I don’t think I’ve bought new jeans since I was in Midland two summers ago, and everything in my closest just feels old and out of style. Enter: American Eagle and Old Navy on-line. I dusted off the ol’ Mastercard, and placed two orders in the past few days. I pray that at least some of it fits.
- My riskiest purchase? A pair of Rockstar skinny jeans from Old Navy. I read on someone else’s blog that they are the comfiest jeans in the history of the world. I, however, have professed to hate skinnies ever since they became trendy. I mean, a big girl? Wearing skinnies? Not cool, right? I don’t want to look like a sausage stuffed into its casing. When I told my friend Lindsay this, she said I could pull off the look if I paired the jeans with a pair of high boots. So. I ordered a pair of boots from Old Navy, too. I have a pretty good idea that it’s all going to be returned…
- Over the weekend, I started watching Lost. It’s one of those TV series’ I totally missed out on, so I bought the first season, based mainly on the fact that Ian Somerhalder is it. Two discs in, and I’m hooked. Totally confused, but hooked nonetheless.
- Ian Somerhalder is younger, obviously, and skinnier, and not as hot as he is as Damon. But still, decent eye candy, when paired with the likes of Matthew Fox. Worthwhile, I’d say.
- I missed Musical Monday yesterday. I was still in that hangover haze, and the only thing I could think to talk about was Sadie, and totally forgot it was Musical Monday. So here is my offering this week: “Hasn’t Hit Me Yet” by one of my most beloved bands, Blue Rodeo. Doesn’t matter how many times I hear it. It’s one of my all-time favourites. Another Canadian classic.
I think that’s all she wrote today… Happy Tuesday, folks!!
…as well as Random Tuesday with Stacy Uncorked.