As you all have probably heard by now, I “lost” my camera the night of Lynn & Steve’s wedding. (Which is code for I got drunk and set it down somewhere and didn’t even think about it until the next morning.) The following day, Lynn texted me to say she had found it. (I was so very happy & grateful!)
Unfortunately, I hadn’t seen Lynn since then, so I have been camera-less for a few weeks. UNTIL I finally saw the new Mrs. on Saturday at the Car Rally, and she returned it to me. Just in the nick of time, too, because it was Nevie’s baptism on Sunday and I would have been so sad if I didn’t have picture-taking-capabilities!
But before I move on – here are a few of the pics from Lynn & Steve’s big day!
So for those of you who were expecting this yesterday… Here, finally, is the weekend re-cap :)
- Friday evening, I had a group of friends in for a pizza party to celebrate our October birthdays. For a few hours, my house was literally a hive of activity – friends chatting, littles running around, and babies to hold. It was such a fun evening! Of course, at this point I still didn’t have my camera back, so I only took a few shots on my phone. This one is my favourite. I call it “These boys have priorities…”
Evan with his son Landyn, Graham with his baby boy Daniel, and Ryan with… his plate of food ;)
- Everyone packed it in fairly early that night, as many of us were participating in the annual Quyon Lionettes Car Rally the following day. It’s literally one of my favourite days of the year. We travel all over local backroads searching for clues, and answers to questions they’ve given us – kind of like a giant scavenger hunt, I guess you’d call it. This year, the organizers did an excellent job. The theme was “Canada”, and the route was set up as though we were travelling across the country, answering questions about each province as we entered that section. It was like a great big history/geography lesson – and I was super-impressed with how smart my team was on our Canadian trivia!
- As usual, Stacy, Ricky, Sara, Graham and I had a BLAST! We’ve been going in the Rally together for years now, and we all work well together as a team. We always hope to finish in second place (first place has to organize the rally the following year, so we try to avoid that! haha!) – this year, we fell short again, tying for 6th place with a few other teams. But that’s not bad, considering there were over 50 teams participating!
- It seems every year we have an “incident” that we laugh about for years to come… And this year was no different! I think I’ll forever remember this as the year Ricky backed the truck right into a ditch on a very narrow dirt road, and all of us laughing hysterically as he told us to “hang on!!!” as he revved the truck and lurched us out of that ditch! (Not to mention the lad in the yellow sweatshirt who was pointing and laughing at us, who will forever be known to us as “The Banana”.)
- Our goal is usually to beat our friends and family who participate in the Rally, and one of our main targets this year were our friends Sharon & Wayne, Brandan & Amanda, and Jason & Mandy… However, when they were announced as the first-place winners, we were kind of glad we didn’t beat them! Ha!! Congratulations, guys – looking forward to what you put together for next year!!
- Saturday was such a great day, but the weekend fun wasn’t over yet! Sunday was our beautiful Baby Neve’s big day… her baptism!
Baby Neve with her Godfather Uncle Troy, Daddy, Mommy, and Godmother Auntie Steph
- We’re probably entirely biased, but it felt like such a special day. Our student minister Nancy had a beautiful service planned, and Neve was literally a little angel all day. She looked so lovely in her flowing white gown, and spent the entire day wide awake and surrounded by her doting relatives, close friends, and church family. Here are some more pictures from Nevie’s baptism:
Photo from Lindsay – Nancy asked Caden and Danica to help pour the water into the baptismal font
Nevie with her daddy
Luke, Amanda & Neve with the cake her Grandma Young made
It was such a wonderful weekend spent with family & friends. I’m sure you all can understand why I was a little on the tired and cranky side yesterday, and had nothing better to do but whine about how much I hate cereal, right?!
Happy Tuesday :)
…as well as Random Tuesday with Stacy Uncorked.