Tuesday. The day I reveal all the mundane random crap floating around in my brain. I know. Try to contain yourselves.
- I have to admit, I’m having a hard time blogging about anything these days other than Lost. And I know that it’s annoying for everyone who watched the show when it was actually current, and not five years later, like me. I’m trying so hard to limit it, guys, but my God, I love this show.
- For my Facebook friends, you may have already heard about this – but you have no idea how embarrassed I was last night when I realized I’ve been singing the wrong lyrics to “You Give Love a Bad Name” for, oh, just about 25 years. On The Voice, two guys were singing it in the battle rounds, and clear as a bell, I heard them sing, “Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame”… and I was all like, “Huh? I thought it was Shot through the heart, and you’re too vain… ?!?”
- Even more embarrassing when I think of all the times I’ve belted it out loudly…especially at the Bon Jovi concert. *sigh*
- For the record, this is not the first time this has happened to me. Imagine my surprise when I found out the title to the Guns ‘N Roses song was “Paradise City”, when for so long I had been singing “Take me down to the very nice city.” Oy. But at least I was 13 when I figured that one out.
- I’m so terribly sad that it’s only Tuesday. The weekend ahead is bursting at the seams with fun… A pizza party with friends on Friday night to celebrate the October birthdays, Car Rally on Saturday (which is practically the October equivalent of Christmas), and little Nevie is being baptized on Sunday. I so can’t wait for all of it!
- The crisp fall air has had me craving a big pot of chili for a few weeks now, so last night, I finally made it. I’ve been like a squirrel gathering nuts for the winter in the past month, as I’ve been filling my freezer with yummy cold-weather comfort foods – lasagna, meatballs, meatloaf, spaghetti sauce, hamburger soup, cream of broccoli soup, and now the chili. It’s making me hungry just thinking about it.
- For someone who is a bit of a germaphobe, this open-concept office is the absolute WORST place to be this week. Everyone is snuffling, sneezing, coughing, blowing their schnozzes…and this morning I ran out of both my multivitamin AND my Echinacea. Do you realize how difficult it is to hold your breath all day to avoid contracting their diseases? It’s friggin’ hard.
- For anyone who recalls my tea-obsession from last fall – you should know I’m currently having the same issue with K-cups for my Keurig. Every time I go to the store, I pick up a new pack to try out. There are boxes of K-cups littering my kitchen everywhere. The local grocery store doesn’t have the best selection, so last night I think the only one left on the shelf that I had to try was the Van Houtte Butterscotch flavoured light roast, so I bought it. And I tried it this morning. And it’s gross. Way too sweet for my taste. I shoulda known.
- November 23rd is the Justin Bieber concert in Ottawa. As we all know, I was an epic failure at getting tickets. So instead, I’m going to see the Pontiac Community Players dessert cabaret production entitled “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”. I’m sure it will be very good, but somehow, I’m not nearly as excited as I was about Bieber.
- Speaking of which… I’m insanely jealous of everyone going to the Bruce Springsteen concert on Friday night. I didn’t even bother trying to get tickets, since I had already been defeated by Bieber. So to my friends who will be coming over for pizza on Friday night… Prepare yourselves. I will be playing The Boss and pretending I’m at his concert. And so will you.
And because I’m all randomy, I’m also linking up with Stacy for Random Tuesday!