…because I’m the lucky recipient of The Liebster Award!!
And not just once…but twice! In the past couple of weeks, I was awarded The Liebster by Beth at Living a Goddess Life, and also by Nathan at Life & Everything Else In Between. Thank you both, so much!! :)
What Is The Liebster Award?
"Liebster" is German for "dearest", from Liebe, the verb 'to love'. This award is given to bloggers who are up and coming and who have less than 200 followers. I’m honoured that two of my favourite fellow bloggers thought to pass it on to me, and I’m excited to join in the Liebster fun!
Here's How It Works:
- Each person must post 11 random things about themselves.
- Answer the questions that the tagger set for you and create 11 questions for bloggers you've tagged.
- Choose up to 11 bloggers and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell them.
- No tag backs.
- I share my birthday, July 28th, with two of my cousins – Jim turned 12 the day I was born, and Stephen and I were born on the exact same day.
- I name my pet fish after dead singers. Currently, the only one left is Marley, and considering the giant growth protruding from his side, I doubt he’s going to last much longer. I already killed off Presley and Jackson. The next one will be named Cobain or Cash. Haven’t decided yet.
- My first crush was Chachi from Happy Days. Either him, or Prince Eric from The Little Mermaid. But we’ll go with Chachi, since he wasn’t a cartoon.
- The first song my dad taught me to play on guitar was “Blueberry Hill”. The first song I taught myself was “Free Fallin”.
- I’m a chronic worrywart. I would say I spend 90% of my time worrying about something.
- I generally never read a book more than once, even if I really love it. Strangely, I’m the exact opposite with movies – if I love a movie, I watch it over and over and over. 27 Dresses, Grease, Top Gun, Blue Hawaii, Pretty Woman, 10 Things I Hate About You…all fall into that category!
- I’m pretty much the anti-athlete – I’ve sucked terribly at every sport I’ve ever tried – yet, I love watching sports, especially hockey and baseball/fastball.
- I often think I was born in the wrong era…I would have loved to grow up in the ‘50’s or ‘60’s. I’d have given anything to see Elvis live. One of my favourite stories of my dad’s was when he told us about the time he saw Elvis perform at the old Ottawa Auditorium, I think it was in ‘57. He was a big fan of The King, but he said it was the worst concert he ever went to. He said you couldn’t even hear him over the screaming girls. I’m pretty sure if I’d been there, I would have been one of the screaming girls.
- I love to put my iPod on shuffle and see what little, forgotten gems turn up. Last night it was “One More Pill” by Stabilo Boss. LOVE!
- I think my one big passion in life is food. Not actually cooking it – just eating it. I will never be skinny because of it.
- My dream car is a yellow Mustang convertible.
I’m going to answer the questions Nathan left for me:
1. What is your favorite thing to do during the summertime? Be by the water (pool or beach, either will do)…sit in a lawn chair and read while baking in the sun…hang out at the ball park…
2. Do you have any pets? One lonely ol’ maligned goldfish.
3. If you could do one thing right now what would it be? Go to Aunt Marion & Uncle Eric’s camp and go out in the paddle boat.
4. Why did you start blogging and is it the same reason you still blog? I started blogging in 2006 because I wasn’t doing any writing at all at the time, and I figured it would help keep up my mad skills while waiting for a brilliant idea for a novel to strike. Here we are, 6 years later…and still no novel to speak of! I really do love to write, though, and that is why I’m still here, still blogging. :)
5. Who do you look up to and why? My mom. She’s a pretty tough cookie.
6. Coke, Pepsi, or both and why? I’m a Diet Pepsi girl, always have been. I don’t mind Diet Coke, but given the option, I always go Diet Pepsi. I just prefer the taste.
7. What's your dream job? Well, that would be being a mom. And a writer.
8. If I could give you a plane ticket to anywhere, where would it be? Ireland. That’s my dream destination.
9. What's the most random-est thing you've ever done? I have no idea. ha! When I dropped out of University after two days? I think I took a lot of people by surprise; they felt it was random (and highly unexpected)…But I still don’t regret it.
10. When was the last time you saw a movie in theaters, what was it? On Monday, July 2nd…MAGIC MIKE, baby!!
11. How do you feel about social media and technology in general today? I think it has it’s advantages and disadvantages, but for the most part, I’m a fan of social media. I have Facebook, I tweet, I blog… It scares me a little to think how far technology has come, and the endless possibilities of where it can still go. But overall, I think it’s all pretty rad.
- If you could have a conversation with anyone, living or dead, who would you choose and why?
- How did you come up with the name of your blog?
- What is your dream vacation destination?
- When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? (Did you end up where you thought you would?)
- Put your iTunes, iPod, or whatever on shuffle…what’s the first song that comes up?
- What is your all-time favourite book?
- If you could buy anything right now, what would you buy? (Cost is irrelevant.)
- What are you craving right…now?
- What is your absolute favourite song lyric?
- I told you about my dream car…now you tell me about yours, OK?
- Beach, pool, or not a fan of the water?
Last but not least…I get to tag 11 of my bloggy pals, no tag backs! (And I’m not following the “less than 200 followers” rule.)
Sharon at Sharon’s 101 List
Stacy at Blogging with Stacy
Vandy J at The Testosterone Three and Me
Nadine at All Along the Hightower
Steph at Watching Airplanes
Lindsay at A Small Town Kind of Life
Nicole at Life’s A Beach
Stacie at Park Avenue
Shannon at Shannon’s Blog
Jodie at Ramblings of a Fabulous Brunette
And also…if you don’t have a blog, but feel like answering the questions…hit up the comments section. I bestow the Liebster upon all of you. :)