Happy Wednesday, dudes.
I’ve decided to forego the weekly We Want To Know Wednesday questions for something a little different. I saw this post by one of my favourites, Jodie at Ramblings of a Fabulous Brunette, and I thought I’d play along.
Of course, many of you already do “really know me”, so most of this shouldn’t be earth-shattering. ;) But I’ll try to dig up some stuff that maybe not everyone knows.
If you REALLY knew me…
- you’d know that I have a giant Ottawa Senators flag pinned up in my room that my cousin David gave me – he got it from Chris Neil.
- you’d know I’m afraid of the dark and still need a night-light.
- you’d know that I detest being called “Gilly” – I tolerated it from my Dad, and I still tolerate it from my cousin Dale. But that’s IT.
- you’d know that I have a birth mark in the centre of the top of my left foot.
- you’d know my absolute favourite supper served at my mother’s table is spaghetti.
- you’d know I hate – HATE – steak!
- you’d know I love to be in the water, yet one of my biggest fears is drowning.
- you’d know the only piece of jewelry I always wear is the Celtic ring on my middle finger of my left hand – given to me by my Aunt Marion.
- you’d know that the little scar on that same finger is from when I burnt it on a tea pot working at a local restaurant as a teen.
- you’d know that my lack of self-confidence can be crippling.
- you’d know that when I put my mind to something, I friggin’ do it. The problem is actually putting my mind to something…
- you’d know that I’m stronger than I thought I was two years ago.
- you’d know that I pee a lot. Like, a lot.
- you’d know I’m terrified of being alone forever and never having kids of my own.
- you’d know that I loooove to sleep.
- you’d know my biggest weakness is chips & dip.
- you’d know that I actually prefer Lays Wavy chips to Ruffles.
- you’d know that when I’m nervous, I feel like I could puke. I will do anything it takes to make that feeling go away.
- you’d know that I adore my nieces and nephew more than anything else in the world.
- you’d know that I can’t decide what my absolute favourite song is because it changes – weekly, sometimes daily.
- you’d know that I had a really bad dog when I was a kid; his name was Jake. I think he ruined my love for all dogs.
- you’d know that I kinda sorta maybe think vampires are real.
- you’d know that I *think* I love scary movies, until I start actually watching one – then I regret it.
- you’d know my true alcoholic drink of choice is rye & Diet Pepsi – but because rye makes me forget what I did the night before (and maybe makes me a little crazy), I now drink rum.
- you’d know that my non-alcoholic drink of choice is plain old water. I drink tons of it every day.
- you’d know I have ZERO patience.
- you’d know that Christmas Eve is my favourite day of the year.
- you’d know that my favourite number is 6. And yes, that is because it’s Wade Redden’s number.
So…did you learn something about me that you didn’t already know? Or am I friggin’ open book and everyone already knew this stuff? ;)