It’s Talk To Us Tuesday and it’s Random Tuesday, so let’s kill two birds with one stone and link up with both!
With Stacy Uncorked
- Remember yesterday, when I was grumpy about having no water to shower with in the morning and having to come to work feeling like a scuzzball? Well…nothing like absence to make the heart grow fonder. When I got home last night, the water was back on, and that shower felt glorious. I will never take it for granted again.
- I’m still very much appreciating it this morning. I can’t stop running my fingers through my silky, smooth hair. I even let one of the guys here at the office touch it. He agreed, it’s very very nice. After a full day of my hair feeling like straw, I now FULLY appreciate my clean head of hair. ;)
- So. I’ve kinda been laughing off this drought, telling people how much I love the heat and the sun and who cares if it ever rains again. Well. When my town starts running out of water, I start to take it a little more seriously…My morning shower is très important. Bring on the rain.
- I may be a little behind the times, but last night I finally rented The Hangover Part 2. I’m a fan of the original, and I must say, I thought the sequel was pretty good as well. The one thing it does seem to have done successfully? Finally won me over on Bradley Cooper…
- I know, I know. Who doesn’t love Bradley Cooper? Well, me. Kinda. I didn’t dislike him, but I never really got on-board the Bradley Cooper train. However, last night, while watching the flick…Yeah, I was kinda diggin’ him.
- There’s this song…I heard it months ago on the radio, and it was literally one of those pull-over-and-have-a-good-cry songs. I’ve avoided it ever since, because it’s literally that heart-wrenching. The last couple of days, though…I can’t stop listening to it. It pretty much captures exactly how I feel about the loved ones I’ve lost in the past few years. And that line… “Mid-February shouldn’t be so scary”…it’s like it was taken straight out of my head. Beautiful, bittersweet song.
- OK! Enough of the sad stuff!!
- I think I’ve mentioned this several times lately, but I seriously can’t wait to get the hell outta Dodge. Road-trippin’ with my momma to Belleville next weekend for a wedding? Should be perfect timing. Then my holidays start at the end of the month. I’m so ready.
- Despite longing for my holidays, I feel July is going too fast. Which means my birthday is coming too fast. I’ve always loved my birthday, but I’ve officially reached that point in life where I hate getting older. Last year, I decided not to go up in age. I think I’ll do the same again this year. Just stick at 27 again. 27 is a good age – not too old, not too young. 29 is definitely too close to 30…
- Anyone recall my ol’ pal The Spider?
- Yeah. He was big and nasty. But my bloggy friend Nadine assured me that if you’re all Zen with the spiders, you can co-exist quite peacefully. She claims to shower with one every morning. I don’t think I could handle it. Anyways, Nadine’s post this morning proves that even her “Zen philosophy” has been shaken after she had a far-too-close encounter with a spidey! Eeeeeek!!
Happy Tuesday, all! :)