Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Happy 50th, Mr. Cruise

Today, I should be re-capping the weekend and how awesome it was.  Because Canada Day in Quyon rocked. 

BUT I don’t have my pictures uploaded yet, I’m still trying to figure out what I did to get a giant bruise on my knee, and I’m just a bit bitter that it’s all over. 

So I’ll save that (and the Lang Reunion, and Magic Mike) for another day.

Instead, I’d like to take a minute to say…

Holy crap, Tom Cruise is 50.

Tom-Cruise-tom-cruise-374640_1024_768

Really?  Really?!?  When did that happen??

Doesn’t seem so long ago that he was the pin-up boy in my bedroom.  OK, technically he was my sister’s pin-up boy in the bedroom - but we shared a room when I was a kid, and she’s seven years older than me…So I think I may have had the pages of Teen Beat plastering my bedroom walls long before other little girls my age.  (Literally…I think I wrote about how much I loved  Tom Cruise in a Grade 1 journal.)

Tom-Cruise-Top-Gun-2

Top Gun still remains one of my most favourite movies of all-time, thanks to Kara and her Tom Cruise obsession, and the fact that she watched it repeatedly, and played the soundtrack repeatedly, when I was a kid.  Because of her, one of my favourite movie moments of all time is Maverick and Goose singing “You’ve Lost that Lovin’ Feeling”. 

I’m also a big fan of Cocktail, Risky Business, Days of Thunder, Far & Away, Rain Man, and, of course, Jerry Maguire

And despite the craziness, the Scientology, the jumping on Oprah’s couch, the gay rumors, and now the current Katie Holmes divorce debacle?

Well…Tom’s still one of my main men.

Tom Cruise Risky Business

sexy-soldiers-tom-cruise

Tom Cruise Cocktail

Tom Cruise Days of Thunder

Tom cruise rain man

tom-cruise-jerry-maguire-movie-3

Happy 50th Birthday, Mr. Cruise.

***

Linking up today for Talk To Us Tuesday with Impulsive Addict and Shawn.

Talk2Us

9 comments:

VandyJ said...

He was one of my teenage crushes. We just introduced Turbo to Top Gun last week. He loved it.

Anonymous said...

WOW 50! Hard to believe!

Nicole said...

Yeah what's up with the gay rumors and they are getting divorced. I never know when I stand at the checkout stand and see the silly tabloids.

Mrs. Match said...

I try to ignore the media about my favorite celebs. It ruins them for me! I still love What Women Want even though Mr. Gibson is as nutty as a fruitcake! Same with Mr. Cruise-Jerry McGuire is still in my top 5 movies. Love it!

Jo said...

You stick with your man even if Katie will not :)

Shawn said...

50? Are you serious? I had no clue. Probably because I'm in denial that I'm aging so how could hot guys from my youth age if I'm not.

Thanks for linking up and for the sad reality check!

Emmy said...

I know it does seem weird that he is so old! But yea he still looks pretty dang good for 50

Chell said...

50? REALLY? I can watch Top Gun over and over... still a fav of mine!

Anonymous said...

He likes weenie