- It’s finally almost here…my first real break of the summer! I’ve been looking forward to this upcoming weekend for a while now. My sister is going to be a bridesmaid in her friend Andrea’s wedding, so we’re all heading for the Belleville area for the weekend. I took the day off tomorrow so we could get an early start on the weekend fun. Mom and I will be packing up the car and heading out around noon. I love my little town, but I’m just so excited to go somewhere else for a few days.
- I’m also looking forward to getting to sleep in a little tomorrow – which will make the ball park beers that much more enjoyable tonight! The Flyers have a double-header in town tonight. I’ll likely miss most of the first game, though, as I’ll be hanging out with two of my favourite kiddos, Maddy & Tanner (or maybe just Maddy) while their mom & dad go to a wake tonight. And then…the ball park beers. I don’t even like beer, but I looove ball park beers.
- Last week, I was going through a Bob Marley phase. This week, I’m going through a Blue Rodeo phase. This is my current fave:
- Last night I had to go to WalMart to pick up some last-minute trip necessities, and the experience was a prime example of how little patience I have at times. I swear to GOD, everyone in that store last night was on crack. People were just wandering off, leaving their carts stuck in my road; nobody had any manners; there were kids having temper tantrums in every.damn.aisle. I could not get out of there fast enough.
- When I expressed my frustration to my mother, she kind of just shrugged like, “Huh, I didn’t even notice.” Like I said…I have NO patience sometimes!
- Momma and I had A&W for supper, which cured the Root Beer craving I was having. It did not, however, help at all with my Big Mac craving…
- Anybody know where the hell July has gone? OK, I know it’s not exactly over, but it’s going WAY TOO FAST. Next weekend, it’s already my birthday, and I swear to Jesus, it was just Canada Day, like, yesterday. WTF.
- I started walking again this week. I haven’t been out walking for weeks, and I’ve been using the extreme heat as my lame-ass excuse. But this week, I decided enough was enough. And it feels really good to be doing something, but I’ve discovered something’s wrong with my left heel/ankle – it friggin’ hurts. I don’t know if it’s because I’m too fat, or because I’ve pretty much worn flip flops 24/7 since April, but it’s messed up. I’m pushing through the pain, though. I won’t let a sore heel/ankle be my excuse. (At least not yet.)
- It’s been a tough week for a lot of people in our community. There’s been a lot of sadness, too much loss, and a lot of worry and heartache. I’ve been doing a lot of praying. It’s all we can do at a time like this.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Take care!