Friday, September 27, 2013

Friday confessions to kick off the weekend!

Nothing better than a beautiful sunny Friday, friends!!

Let’s kick off the weekend with a little confessing…

friday confessional

Linking up with Aubrey @ High-Heeled Love!

I confess… that the novelty of having a dinosaur dish receiver started to wear off last night when I realized it was pretty much impossible to watch The Big Bang Theory, a 2-hour season premiere of Grey’s Anatomy, as well as Glee, all in one night.  The fact that a PVR is a real NECESSITY in my life once again reared its head.  Add into the mix that The Vampire Diaries starts next week, and it becomes clear… I need a PVR!!!!

I confess… that solving the dish problem has been one of the hardest, longest puzzles I’ve ever had to solve.  Seriously.  I’m almost there.  If luck plays in my favour, I MIGHT have it up and running in time for the next Thursday night TV extravaganza.

I confess… that I’m still not holding my breath, though.  I have zero luck.  Need another example?  I got my phone damp in my pocket last weekend, and after two days of sitting in rice, it came back to life no problemo.  Awesome.  Then last night, the battery died, and once I got it on the charger, it never came back.  Dead as a doornail.  I have a year and a half left on my contract, and I’m pretty sure it’s not going to be a cheap fix/replacement.  ughhhh.

blackberry-torch-9810-white

I confess… that while I told myself running in the rain last Saturday morning was a badass thing to do, it now appears that it was very big and costly dumbass thing to do.

I confess… that I was glad I stayed up past my bedtime to watch the Glee season opener featuring the songs & music of The Beatles, if for no other reason than to see Lea Michele’s hauntingly beautiful performance of “Yesterday” to kick off the show.  I know they’re planning to address Cory Monteith’s death in an upcoming episode, but I felt that her song last night was subtly poignant, stirring, and left me with goosebumps.  I’m pretty sure it was meant for him.

I confess… that I’m looking forward to another sort-of quiet weekend.  Although the phone problem may mean a trip to the city tomorrow, which sucks.  I totally intended on doing nothing but watching Dexter, reading & relaxing all day.  *sigh*

I confess… that after my run last night, I took a little extra time to make my supper, and I went with the Pioneer Woman’s Sour Cream Noodle Bake.  I already had a container of pasta sauce in the fridge, so it didn’t take long to whip it up.  It was sooooo yummmmmmy.

I confess… that I haven’t had time to watch Dexter all week.  I’m very much looking forward to some quality time with my favourite serial killer and all of his pals tonight!!!

dexter-season4

Happy Friday, everyone!  Have a GREAT weekend!!! :)

5 comments:

Stacy said...

I know you are into serial killers and all, did you catch the season premiere of Criminal Minds LOL
I love the Pioneer Woman!!

VandyJ said...

I really need to explore the pioneer woman's recipes some more. Everything I've seen so far has looked very good and totally doable.
Sorry about the phone. We have about six months to go and we get to trade in our phones on new models. Kind of looking forward to/dreading that one.

Nancy said...

recipe looks good except for the sour cream and green onions, two of my least favourite things. It would be good without those.

Connie said...

We had to get Hulu Plus so that we can watch all of the Thursday Night TV. There is too much going on that night!

Stacie said...

Cracked the screen on my phone like 2 months into a 2 year contract, now I have to be careful not to cut my finger when scrolling. Darn contracts!