Wednesday!! Already!! I’ll take it!!
Here’s a mish-mash of the stuff going on in my ol’ noggin today.
- Remember on Friday, when I bragged about how well I did at the Fair Thursday night without gorging on all the bad-but-sooo-good food? And how I vowed to stay away from deep-fried anything for the whole weekend?? Well. We’ll chalk that one up to a big ol’ FAIL. I ate french fries. On three separate occasions over the course of one weekend. Not to mention the giant-ass double-decker cheeseburger I ate on Saturday evening. I went back to tell them at Bonnie’s food booth how delicious it was, and the girl who served me looked at me with big round eyes and said, “You ate it ALL????” Why, yes. Yes I did. And it seriously might’ve been the best burger I’ve ever eaten in my life. I don’t regret it one little bit.
- The only reason I did not gain 10 pounds is because I, once again, managed to keep up with my work-outs. I even did an extra one to compensate for the over-indulging.
- I know I’m starting to sound like a broken record, but I seriously need to get back on track with my healthy eating habits…
- You know who I hung out with for about a half-hour last night? Jillian Michaels. That’s right. My former nemesis. Ol’ Jillian Bitchface Michaels. I had time to squeeze in a quick workout last night, even though it was “Rest Day” on my schedule, and I was curious to see if I still hated her and her “30 Day Shred” as much as I did 64 lbs. ago… And you know what? It wasn’t as bad as I remembered. Turns out, I actually kind of enjoyed the workout, and it didn’t feel as “long” as it used to. Mind you, it was only Level One, but I felt much better about myself after realizing it’s not such a difficult challenge anymore. You never know. I might just drop the “Bitchface” when I refer to JM now…
- I have had severely chapped lips for weeks now. Like, severely chapped. And I can’t stop picking at them. My favourite lip balm is eos, but it doesn’t seem to actually be helping. Does anyone have any advice? Some kind of industrial-strength lip balm or chap stick that works wonders? I’m willing to try anything to get this under control.
- GOOD NEWS!!! I think I’m finally going to get my dish working so that I can actually watch TV (that does not come in DVD form) again!! For regular followers, you know I’ve had issues for well over a year now with my TV being an asshole. It used to cut in and out like beserk every couple of weeks, and over a month ago, I lost my signal completely. I had some guys in on Monday helping to move furniture around, and while I had them in my grasp, I gave them the mission of fixing the TV, too. They were unsuccessful. But I finally got the name of a guy who offers satellite repair service locally, and he’s supposed to be coming to visit me tonight. Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed that I’ve finally found a solution…
- Speaking of the furniture moving… I got my bedroom set from my aunt & uncle on Monday morning, and I loooove it. And of course, I have no pictures to share. oops. But it’s so nice. I’m thrilled with how we managed to fit it all in to my room, and how it all looks now! Big shout out of thanks to my helpers who took time out on their holiday Monday to get it into my house!!
- The furniture moving seems to have sparked something within me… it was probably the embarrassing dust bunnies that leapt forth for all to see during the move, or the fact that everyone kept opening the door to my “junk room” and teasing me about being a hoarder. Suddenly, I’m dying to get things done around my house. Stuff that I’ve talked about doing since the day I moved in. Like, painting the whole house. And ripping up the dingy old carpet that’s in the upstairs hall and spare bedrooms and putting in new flooring. And fixing up the staircase somehow. And completely purging the entire house of all the junk I’ve accumulated and hidden in closets, cupboards, drawers, spare rooms, and the basement. All.over.the.house. I want it all done and gone. Like, now.
- I’m declaring September and October 2013 as the “Get Jill’s House Up To Snuff” months. By the time I’m bringing out Christmas decorations, I want the house to be freshly painted and totally de-cluttered. It is my mission!!!
Happy Wednesday, everyone!! :)