- I had a vision this morning. A beautiful vision. When I awoke in my dark room to the sound of rain drops gently pattering against my window, I imagined what it would be like to turn the alarm off and snuggle deeper beneath my cozy comforter. I’d just lie there awhile and listen. Eventually, I would sit up, switch on the lamp, and get lost in the book I just started last night, Me Before You by Jojo Moyes (which I can already tell I’m going to love, thanks for the recommendation Sharon!). At some point, I’d get up, and change into comfy clothes, make a cup of delicious Timothy’s Cinnamon Pasty in my Keurig, then spend the rest of the day watching cheesy old movies and episodes of Dexter, making a pot of spaghetti sauce to simmer on the stove, and perhaps even baking something like muffins or banana bread.
- It was a beautiful vision. But alas, the alarm squawked, and that beautiful vision was shattered.
- It’s OK, though. I’m already looking forward to a little condensed version of my “vision” after work today. I’m going to do a quick work-out right after work, then the rest of the evening will be spent relaxing. I took a container of spaghetti sauce out of the freezer this morning (not the same as having one simmering on the stove all day, but ah well), and so I’ll enjoy my spaghetti supper and my quality time with Dexter AND my book tonight! ;)
- It’s actually quite a deceiving day out there – looks so grey and cold and drear, but it’s actually going to be really hot & humid. So probably not a bright idea to have the oven on baking all day anyways, right?
- I finished reading Room by Emma Donoghue on Sunday evening, and while I was completely captivated by it and read it very quickly, it was disturbing and left me feeling very unsettled at times – which, I suppose, was the author’s intent. I was absolutely riveted. But anyone who has read it I’m sure can understand why I chose a lighter romance for my next read!
- OK. So. I kinda forgot to blog about something important last week. And that was about the casting of the roles of Christian & Anastasia in the 50 Shades movie. They finally revealed who will play them, and I was so.so.disappointed. I’d made it clear from Day 1 that there really was only one Christian in my mind, and that was the ever-sexy Ian Somerhalder. I guess I just set myself up for that disappointment by settling on ONLY one possible Mr. Grey. Charlie Hunnam? OK, I know, Sons of Anarchy fans. He’s hot. I know. But HE’S NOT FRIGGIN CHRISTIAN GREY. Not even close.
- But yes, I’m probably still going to see it. I can guarantee that I won’t be happy about it, though. It was Somerhalder or bust…
- Yesterday, I was kind of cranky. I knew this. I detected it in myself. But I couldn’t seem to keep a leash on it. I felt growly and discontent all day, and I knew I wasn’t hiding it very well. At the end of the day, one of my co-workers said, “Tired, Jill? You seem tired today.” Truth be told, I wasn’t tired. At all. Just cranky. And then I felt bad that it had obviously oozed out of me so much during the day. I’ll make an effort to be more pleasant today!
- I’m less than two weeks away from my first 5K. The Army Run is on September 22nd. I’ve been working on improving my time for a few weeks now, but since I usually clocked in somewhere between 35 and 36 minutes, I figured my original hope of running it in under 30 minutes was impossible. Then suddenly, on Saturday morning, I managed to do it in just over 34 minutes. And last night? 32 minutes 47 seconds. I’m getting closer… it might actually still be possible!
- Today is my brother’s 28th birthday, so I’m sending birthday wishes Luke’s way! We celebrated on the weekend with an awesome brunch (I’m still dreaming of the sticky buns and pancakes and scrambled eggs and bacon and cheesy hashbrown casserole… mmmmmm….) Hope you have a GREAT day, brother!!
- Here’s a pic of me and my fave kiddos from the weekend… I’m one lucky auntie!! :)
Well, I think that’s all the random I have on this dreary Tuesday. Off to make myself a cup of tea… Enjoy your day, folks!
…as well as Stacy Uncorked, who is back with Random Tuesday!!