Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday. Finally.

It feels like it’s been a long week.  Thank God it’s Friday!!

But before the weekend can begin, first I must… CONFESS.

friday confessional

Linking up with Aubrey @ High-Heeled Love :)

I confess… that I was just about half-way through my first confessions post when some combination of keys that I hit completely closed the post, un-saved, and now I have to start all over.  Yeah.  It’s just been that kind of week. *sigh*

I confess… that I really have nothing on this weekend other than the Army Run on Sunday, and I’m totally OK with that!  I’m going to try and find some boots tonight after work, then tomorrow will be all about cleaning and decorating for fall.  Oh, and reading my book, and Dexter.  This is probably a good thing, since I’ll want to be well-rested for Sunday morning!

army-run_590

I confess… that last night I pushed really hard just to see if I could get my 5K in under 30 minutes.  And I was SO close…yet still, so far away.  30:25.  I was excited, and a little disappointed at the same time, because I don’t think I can run it faster, at least not right now.  I was chugging hard by the end.  If I’d pushed any harder… I’d probably have died.  I don’t think there’s any way I could’ve shaved another 25 seconds off my time.

I confess… that I’m going to be working on a mindset for Sunday – just crossing the finish line is something to feel good about.  Four months ago, I could barely make it from one hydro pole to the other.   Being at the Army Run, instead of in bed at home, is a victory in itself.  Of course, I’m competitive, and I want to keep beating my own times, but I want to feel amazing and rewarded simply by doing the run, and not worrying so much about the time. :)

RunningQuotes4

I confess… that while the rest of the Sens Army was gearing up for the return of the Battle of Ontario last night, I didn’t actually watch much of it.  I was spending time with Dexter instead.  So sue me.  I imagined my dad giving me permission.  He used to say, “It’s preseason.  Means NOTHING.”  I am not a bad hockey fan because of it.  I am not.

I confess… that I really couldn’t believe all the chirping Leaf fans were doing after they beat the Sens last night.  I mean, seriously, folks.  Did you not just hear my old man?  He said… IT’S PRESEASON. MEANS NOTHING.

I confess… that I’m still so gleefully excited to have satellite TV again that I don’t even mind the commercials.  Last night, I spent half an hour bouncing around between 1st period action on TSN, an old episode of the Vampire Diaries, and a Big Bang Theory re-run.  I didn’t actually absorb any of it, but it was just so much fun to channel surf again!!!

I confess… that I’m finding it really really hard not to place my usual on-line Old Navy order for fall clothing.  I picked up a few cheapo things at GT last weekend, and then the boots tonight, but I’m really trying to just make do with what I have.  I’m really not cut out to be frugal, though.

old navy

I confess… that I think I’ve pinned every pumpkiny thing possible on Pinterest this week.  And now I’m actually kind of over pumpkins.

pumpkins

I confess… that I probably spend more time than I should trying to think of all the scary movies that I want to watch this Fall.  It’s a little bit ridiculous.

horror-movies

I confess… that I have the best momma in the world.  I planned to make lunch for my co-workers today, but when it came time to put it all together, I was missing some key ingredients.  (I suck at planning ahead.)  Mom to the rescue!  Not only that, she came and helped me assemble everything.  I was a little scattered last night, so it was good to have her there to keep me on task and get it all done.  Thank you, MOM!!! :)

On that note… time to wrap up these confessions!  Have a great weekend everyone! :)

5 comments:

VandyJ said...

You'll be surprised what actually running in the race will do for you--that extra edge of adrenaline will help with your time--at least it always helped me with swimming.
Good luck!

Stacie said...

Its not how fast you run, but that you finish the race. Good luck, friend!

Anonymous said...

You will do great Miss Jilly. Just run for you, forget about that time and have fun. I bet you finish under. :) Sounds like you have had a busy week and yay for t.v. again! Now you need a DVR so you can fast forward thru all those commercials! :) Happy Weekend and good luck!!!

Jo said...

I can't wait to hear how your run went.

Emmy said...

So lucky to have your mama close by to help last minute like that-- I think if mine lived close I would be calling her all the time :)

How did the race go??