Tuesday has come around again. I think I shall go random…
- Dear Jillian: I want you to remember how you felt Sunday night and all day yesterday. I know you thought rewarding yourself for eating SO well all weekend with a big basket of greasy goodness on Sunday night at a local restaurant was a good idea at the time, but was it really worth it? The sick feeling you had that kept waking you during the night? The eventual Pepto Bismal tablets you had to chew? The gross sluggishness and continued nausea you had throughout the day yesterday? It wasn’t really worth it, was it? Sure, you need to treat yourself every now and then, but deep-fried-everything wasn’t all it was cracked up to be. Remember that. From: Jillian
- That little letter to myself up there? That was what I planned on posting yesterday. Unfortunately, I felt like such a bag of crap all day that I never got around to it. I was too busy downing glass after glass of water and stuffing myself with “clean” foods in an effort to detox. Happy to report that by evening, I was feeling much better.
- When did I become one of THOSE people? You know the people. The ones who say, “Ugh, I hate greasy food, it makes me feel sick.” I was never one of those people. I could eat poutines and cheeseburgers and onion rings til the cows came home, and have no problem with it. Apparently that has changed. And while I know that’s a good thing, it still makes me a little bit sad.
- I have this list going of things I need to get accomplished. Things I’ve been back-burnering, or things I haven’t been pursuing when I should’ve been, or things that have unexpectedly become “important” – and I feel like I’m finally getting some of them crossed off the list. #1 has, of course, been GET A PVR – and that’s still in progress. (you don’t want to hear any more about it. I know.) I finally got that broken tail light fixed on my car last week. My cousin Dale showed up unexpectedly last week and got the power hooked up in my garage for me (I’ve been bugging him to do it for over a year now! woo hoo for power garage doors again!!). And I have my new Blackberry hopefully arriving by courier today to replace the water-damaged one that died on me last week. The last big project? HOUSE PAINTING. And it should be under way soon. I feel like I’m finally getting some stuff done! Yay!!
- As everyone knows, baby news is ALWAYS exciting for me, so I was super-thrilled to find out that there’s going to be a new kid on the block in April 2014! Sending big bloggy congrats to my friend Lindsay and her husband Ryan, who completely surprised me with their news! I work in the same office as Lindsay, I see her every day- and I couldn’t believe that I hadn’t picked up on ANYthing, especially after she told me she’s been pretty sick! I’m so damn clueless. LOL!
- I recently implemented a new system to keep my Amazon purchases under control. My new, self-imposed rule is this: I am only allowed to place one order on Amazon.ca per month, and that order must be less than $50, and paid off before I place the next order. Here’s the problem: I only have one episode of Season 4 of Dexter left, and it’ll be at least another week or two before the system will allow me to place my next order. A week or two without DEXTER?!? I’m going to go insane.
- Have I mentioned how happy I am that The Voice is back?? I was disappointed that Christina and Cee-Lo were returning instead of Shakira and Usher, but I have to say, it hasn’t ruined it all for me. Adam and Blake make everything OK.
- Trying out a new grilled cheese sandwich tonight – fancying it up with tomato, mozzarella, and basil with a balsamic mayo. Pinterest-inspired, of course. I hope it tastes as good as I imagine it will…
- I’m SO excited that October is here! This month is just filled with fun things to look forward to – celebrating friends’ birthdays, my nephew’s birthday, Thanksgiving, Tubrave, Car Rally, and Halloween… eeek, I get giddy just thinking about it! Welcome, OCTOBER! :)
OK, that’s all she wrote for today, friends!
Linking up with Stacy Uncorked for Random Tuesday!