Happy Random Tuesday, kids!!
- Anyone remember last week, when I said I had a new self-imposed rule which only allows me to place small, less-than-$50 orders from Amazon, and only after the last bill has been paid off? A mere 24 hours after telling you about this… I broke my own rule.
- That’s right. I placed another Amazon order. When I haven’t yet paid off the last one. Bad. Bad, Jillian!!! BUT – it was for good reason. I have my new dish & receiver set up and working, and all I needed was an external hard drive to turn it into a PVR. After all that work, I just couldn’t wait another two or three weeks to put the last puzzle piece into place. Plus, the hard drive I had wishlisted went on sale. I mean, c’mon. It was destiny.
- Oh, and also, maybe, a little bit of the reason for the rush was because I watched the finale of Season 4 of Dexter on Sunday morning and it left me just WTF-ing for half an hour afterwards. Waiting a few more weeks for Season 5? Um, no. Just… not possible.
- According to the website tracking report, both the hard drive and Dexter Season 5 should be in my hot little hands by this evening. And then, I will put the rule back into effect. Swears.
- Tonight is an exciting night for another reason, as well. And that is because Project: Paint The House is finally getting under way! Woo Hoo!! It will just be patching and getting ready tonight, but I’m so excited that it’s finally happening!!
- Another cause for excitement in my life: I’m getting ever-so-close to the “magic number”. *squeeeee!!!* When I first decided to try and lose some weight, I set smaller goals for myself that were more attainable, but all the while, in the back of my mind, there was a number. A weight that I’ve always kind of considered a dream-goal. This I’ll probably never get there, but man, if I did, it would be awesome number. And I’m now only 4 pounds away from it… :) :) :)
- Despite my growing excitement at the possibility of reaching that magic number in the near future, I am well aware that it still won’t be easy. There’s a part of my brain that’s going, “4 LBS. 4 MEASLY POUNDS!!! THIS IS SO FRIGGIN’ DOABLE!!!” But then, there’s the other, more practical part of my brain, which keeps saying, “Dude. Turkey. This weekend. Don’t get too excited.”
- Some of you may be wondering why I’m not just telling you the “magic number”. And that is because of this: I’ve realized since making my weight loss journey public, and the further along I’ve come, more and more people are crawling out of the wood-work saying things like, “Don’t lose too much, now!” or “I think you need to start eating again, you’re getting too thin.” Which I personally think is ridiculous. I’m nowhere near tiny in size, I’m eating very well, I’m feeling better than ever, and there is definitely still work to be done. (If you don’t believe me, believe my spare tire that still resides firmly around my waist.) But those people are still out there, criticizing me and issuing grave warnings. I realize it comes part-and-parcel with being so public about it all, and that’s my own doing. But that’s also why I’m now holding my numbers a little more closely, and not so willing to share them anymore. These are exciting milestones for me, and I don’t need anyone’s negativity or judgment clouding these personal victories.
- Fact of the matter is, I will never be rail thin, and that is because I love food too much. End of story. I have visions of turkey and stuffing and gravy and pumpkin pie just swirling in my head this week. And though I’m ever-so-anxious to hit that “magic number”, I’m definitely not willing to give up my Thanksgiving dinner because of it! The “magic number” will just have to wait.
- THANKSGIVING!! IT’S THIS WEEKEND!!! AND SO IS TUBRAVE!!! MY TWO FAVOURITE ‘T’S!!! I’M SO EXCITED!!!!
My friend Susie & I at a long-ago Tubrave
Well, that’s all the random I can come up with for today… hope you’re all having a wonderful week so far!
Linking up with Stacy Uncorked for Random Tuesday!!