- It’s one of those days… Overcast, gloomy, and the rain started to fall a few minutes ago. In a perfect world, I’d be snuggled up on the couch at home with my quilt and a book, or an old favourite movie. Today, I’m thinking Blue Hawaii. Ohhhh how I wish!
- So, as some of you may recall, I have recently been re-watching all of the seasons of Friday Night Lights, because I discovered I had the fifth and final season on my DVD shelf, still in it’s wrapper, never watched. I finally finished it on Saturday afternoon, and it was so bittersweet saying good-bye. Like, kinda made me cry. I always have this problem with TV shows. I just have to keep reminding myself, You can start watching it all over again today if you want, Jill. Tim Riggins will be in your life forever, if you want him.
- Yes, please.
- You want to know what’s weird? I was so excited to start Season 3 of The Vampire Diaries once I was done with FNL, but I just can’t seem to get into it. What is wrong with me? I mean, this is IAN SOMERHALDER we’re talking about, people. DAMON SALVATORE!!!! But all I want is my Tim Riggins and my Matt Saracen back…
- Saturday is hair-chop-off day. I’ve realized I’m probably always going to be the girl who is never satisfied with her hair. I’m always going to want to go shorter or longer. Right now, I’m dying to go shorter. The Season-2-of-FNL-Tyra-Colette-bob is my current goal. I’ll probably have it for one week before I start trying to magically make my hair grow faster again.
- My mom thinks the Tyra bob is a bad idea. But then again, my mom always thinks whatever I do with my hair is a bad idea.
- Speaking of my mom. Yesterday, she and my uncle took my poor little Rav to my uncle’s mechanic in Ladysmith to give ‘er the ol’ once-over. Like, how much longer can Jill drive this thing before it completely dies in the middle of the road kind of check-up. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that the mechanic thinks it’s good to go for another while. He’s going to change the front brakes next week (funny, of all the things that I thought might be wrong with it, brakes weren’t even on the list) – but otherwise, he says to keep driving her, everything’s good to go. Sweet.
- Then. THEN. My mom took my car home and decided to clean it. She was apparently a little grossed out by how dirty I’d let it get, both inside and out. The last time it was cleaned, my dad did it. So that was quite a while ago… We’re talking at least a year and a half ago. Dad took pride in clean vehicles, so yes, I know, it would horrify him to see how bad I’ve let mine get. Mother knew this, and so she decided to rectify the situation. The thick layer of dust, excessive number of water bottles and CDs rolling around, and the exploded bottle of sunscreen did not impress her. She claims she spent about 4 hours cleaning both the interior & exterior. She thinks I owe her about $100. I say that I didn’t ask her to clean it, so I’m hoping she’ll settle for dinner out on Friday night.
- PS – For the record…I love my mommy.
- You know, I sometimes forget how Twitter works. That it’s not like Facebook; that it’s not necessarily your good buddies reading all your stuff all the time. It could be strangers. Last week, in the midst of the iPhone 5 hype, one of the radio DJ’s in Ottawa, Hot 89.9’s Mauler, tweeted that he was wondering if it was time to switch to iPhone and leave Blackberry behind. I replied to him, “iPhone users annoy me. I’m sticking with Blackberry as long as I can…” (Sorry, pals who have iPhones. But I’m sick of everyone telling me how “superior” they are to my Blackberry. I like my Torch just fine, thanks.) Anyways… Mauler retweeted me. And then I got a deluge of replies from randoms ragging on me for being an imbecile. Like, it almost made me cry they were so mean. I realize that my calling them annoying wasn’t very nice of me, but they basically called me the Blackberry Bitch From Hell!!! SO MEAN. Needless to say? I despise the iPhone even more now…
- I know that some of my favourite bloggers and real-life friends are big iPhone peeps. Please don’t hate on me in the comments section and make me cry. You know I love you all. Despite your phones. ;)
- Baby girl came to visit last night, and I wish I could bottle up the cuteness and carry it with me all day. She’s reached the stage where she’s trying to talk, and “tell stories”. She coos and smiles at you, like she’s really trying to tell you something. I tried to take a hundred pictures of her, but the flash on my phone makes her eyes pop out of her head… poor babe! (But still… SO CUTE!!)
Let’s end on that cuteness, shall we?
…As well as Random Tuesday with Stacy Uncorked!