It’s Tuesday. I’m tired. Let’s be random.
- Last night, I decided to go all domestic in the kitchen. BAD IDEA. It was one disaster after another. I went for my walk right after work, then returned home to make a pot of my mom’s amazing cream of broccoli soup, and two lasagnas for the freezer. Sounds simple enough, right? I began this venture at approximately 6:30 PM. At 11:30 PM, I was still up, waiting for the lasagnas to cool. Apparently I did not properly guesstimate how long it would take, nor did I factor in the potential time lost to the disasters. *sigh*
This was me last night. Except, I had no man to console me.
- Once I finally did get to bed, I couldn’t frigging sleep. Of course. It was a night of tossing and turning. I know I actually did sleep, but it was one of those nights when it really didn’t feel like it.
- Then…THEN!! I woke up this morning with a sinus headache. What the frig.
- Needless to say, I’m ready for the weekend… Very much looking forward to Oktoberfest on Friday night, Lynn & Steve’s wedding on Saturday, and Tanner’s baptism on Sunday! (Is it seriously only Tuesday?!?)
- Speaking of Lynn & Steve… They are officially my heroes. I’d been trying to figure out how I was going to swing this Saturday night. I mean, I want to have one or two beverages, of course, but then, how to get home? Normally, I would just wing it – sleep on someone’s front lawn, if I had to (that’s allowed in Shawville, right??) – but because of Tanner’s baptism Sunday morning, I figured it was best that I get my butt home somehow. So… Lynn & Steve to the rescue! The Bride & Groom announced on Facebook last night that there will be a bus to take all of us poor drunken fools home after the reception. Excellent!!
My heroes…the soon-t0-be newlyweds!
- Tonight, I get to go dress shopping for this wedding. I.hate.dress.shopping. Please, Shopping Gods, look down upon me and help me find something quickly, without much pain involved. I beg of you.
- Funny thing that happened this weekend: My 3-year-old niece Danica was sitting on my knee, pretending to read the wedding thank you card I got last week from my friends Lindsay & Ryan. I pointed out Linds in a picture on the front, and said to Dan, “Who’s that?” And she said, “uuuum…LINDSAY!” And so I pointed at Ryan (she doesn’t know him as well), and asked, “Who’s that?” To which she replied, “uuuuum… CASSANDRA!” We believe this to just be a name she really likes, but she had us laughing. (Ryan is super-impressed with this story, too.)
The lovely picture of Lindsay and “Cassandra” (www.juliecbutlerphotography.com)
- A few of you have asked to see my new ‘do. Honestly, guys…it’s not as drastic as I thought or expected it to be. My hairdresser didn’t seem to want to go as short as the picture of Tyra, so I think it’s basically just the same cut I got earlier this summer, maybe a bit shorter. So you can look at that picture again. ;)
- A few of you have also asked when I’m going to post a video of myself playing guitar and singing. And to you, I say… You crazy. I’m terrible. You don’t want to see that, trust me!!!
- Yesterday, I told you all about one of my favourite Hip songs, “Wheat Kings”. Now I’m totally going through a Tragically Hip phase, and discovered this little gem on my iPod yesterday – one of those songs that I’d totally forgotten about. Love it.
- I’d like to give a big shout-out to all my pals who did the Army Run in Ottawa on Sunday morning – I knew quite a few who completed the 5K and a few crazy people who actually did the half-marathon. I think I’ve been inspired…I don’t ever imagine I’ll be a “runner”, but I think I might actually want to attempt the 5K next year. (I’ll be walking, but whatever! haha!) Way to go, guys!! :)
- I think it’s time for another coffee.
…as well Stacy Uncorked for Random Tuesday.