Thought I'd go random this lovely Tuesday, and share the many little things running through my little brain today...
- Pretty sure you guys are gonna go Oh my God, here she goes AGAIN!!!...but I'm starting another "healthy eating lifestyle" today. I'm getting bigger by the day, and my cravings for all things crap are starting to take over my life. It really hit me last night, after a day of stuffing my face with candy left-overs from Lindsay & Ryan's Candy Buffet, and then indulging in a combination platter from Gavan's last night (chicken fingers! onion rings! zuchinni sticks! fries! giant-ass cup of white sauce! OH MY!!)...I felt like absolute crud. I'm tired of feeling this way.
- I'm ashamed of myself. At Christmastime, I had lost 32 lbs, and I was feeling better than I had in years. I just let that all slip away, and blamed the world for it, calling it "stress eating". I got into my dress for Lindsay's wedding, but it was supposed to be so big on me that it would need massive alterations. That didn't happen. And while I loved the dress, and loved how I felt in it, I can't help but feel disappointed when I see the pictures, and can't help but scrutinize the fatty parts of me that I know didn't look that bad a few months ago. Below is a picture of our student minister Nancy & I after the wedding - I love the picture, but hate that I can't stop looking at my flaws...
I am tech and MS Paint unsavvy, apparently...click on the pic to enlarge to read my comments of self-loathing...it's fun, y'all
- You know why ELSE I need to change my habits? Cankers. My mouth was so sore last night (about as sore as my feet!), and no amount of water and Listerine was making it feel any better. I'm pretty sure the crap I've been eating is to blame for that.
- And of course, a sales rep just stopped in for a visit with a big box of Tim Horton's doughnuts. Of course he did.
- OK. Enough of this. You've heard it all before anyways, right? Here's the good news: I FOUND MY KEYS!!! Well, I don't actually have them in my possession just yet, but someone has my keys, I just need to arrange to get them back. So.flippin.relieved.
- I started Fifty Shades of Grey last night. Three chapters down, and I think it's safe to say I'm hooked, even though I haven't really got to the juicy stuff yet. But I know it's coming, and I can't wait to curl up with my book tonight!
- Song that I can't get out of my head: Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen. It has officially trumped What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction. Yes, I am a teeny bopper in disguise.
- Have I mentioned lately how excited I am that I'm going to be an auntie again!? squeeeeeeee!!!!
- The office is frigid today. Clearly, Lindsay is on her honeymoon, and not here to monitor the boys and their excessive use of the AC. I generally don't like it as warm as she does, but it's seriously a frigging meat locker in here today.
- I'm so glad this coming weekend is a long weekend. God bless you, Queen Victoria, and whatever it is you did to deserve a holiday in your name. I'm really looking forward to a day off!
Linking today's post up with Impulsive Addict and Shawn for Talk To Us Tuesday, and also with Stacy for Random Tuesday.