Monday, April 25, 2011

...And then, I ate chocolate.

So...A lot has happened since my last post.


  • I don't think I could call my first "link up" a success. For one thing, I apparently didn't do it right. Thanks to Mamarazzi who had to take time out of her busy day to email me - several times - to tell me how to properly link up! I'll try to do better next time!


  • The link up to We Want to Know Wednesday was an attempt to get more traffic to my blog and to try and find some new bloggy friends out there. For the most part, I was thrilled with the new comments and new faces I saw around here. However, I did get some hate mail. Okay, I don't know if it was just a coincidence or not, maybe it had nothing to do with the link up at all. But that same day, someone went all the way back to the post about my fish babies last summer and gave me a lecture on how to properly care for my fish, because apparently I'm not doing that right either. I was a little rattled by it. Really? Someone's getting that upset over a couple of fish?? (Who have managed to survive for over 8 months, and are doing quite fine, thank you very much.) The best advice I got when I reported my "hate mail" to my friends on Facebook was from my cousin who told me I should do a blog about how I cooked 'em up and ate 'em. Mmmm, yummy fishies...


  • Have I mentioned how much I love craft nights with the ladies? Thursday night my friend Sharon hosted a bookmark-creating workshop, and she even made a cake despite the fact that she had one arm in a cast. Impressive, no?!?


Lindsay showcasing Sharon's cake!




  • Caden and I finally got to see Hop - we hired Luke to drive us there, along with Amanda, to avoid any further crashes, and I think I can safely say we all had a great Good Friday at the movie theatre! The flick was quite funny, and Caden really enjoyed it. As I suspected, James Marsden in the lead human role of slacker-turned-Easter-Bunny Fred was a huge added bonus for this "big kid"!




  • Saturday I went to my very first auction! My friend Brenda's parents' have recently sold their farm, and on Saturday they held an auction to sell the farm equipment and household items they were no longer in need of. The first part of the day was cold and rainy, so I didn't venture out, but by the afternoon the rain had let up, and I headed back to the farm. As I drove down their road, I was amazed at the number of vehicles that lined the dirt road and filled the parking areas they'd set up in the fields. Apparently the weather didn't hold many people back! What a crowd! I think Brenda's mom & dad could call the day a huge success, and I, along with many of their family and friends who gathered to help out over the weekend, wish them well as they move to their new home today. :)


  • Sunday = BUNNY TIME. And it couldn't have come at a better time. I had another one of those Saturday nights when I realized I'm no longer twenty-two and I was getting more and more depressed by the second. What makes depression easier to handle? Chocolate. Bring on the Mini Eggs.

  • We had a great Easter dinner at my parents' place. These guys are also good at easing me out of depression. ;)



  • Sunday night, Caden slept over and I was really hoping we could watch a movie. Perhaps the movie the Bunny brought him - Tangled? Or how about renting Despicable Me? "No Jilly, I just want to watch hockey." And that's exactly what we did.


Also this weekend my family took a moment to remember and reminisce, as Saturday would have been my cousin Jeff's 29th birthday. I still feel an ache in my chest when I think that Jeff is no longer with us. His family and friends marked the day with a party in his honour, and his girlfriend Haleigh also launched the Jeff Draper Legacy Endowment Fund. If you wish to read more about it, please check out the Facebook group Haleigh started here.

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend with family & friends. Be sure to stay tuned this week to both this blog and the 101 Adventure Blog, as I have a few new ideas of The Single Girl Files, as well as some more stuff to cross off the ol' 101 List!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

So the haters... first off they are probably PETA supporters or worse... the HSUS... anyway... big deal... they want to rag on you, blow it off. You do just fine... I'm not even sure I could keep a fish alive so it's all good!