So. I promised you guys I’d take a picture of my salad last night. But I forgot. I did eat one though. I was just so stressed out at the time that I forgot to snap the pic.
See, I went for my first oil change at the dealership where I bought my car, and afterwards when they brought my car back to me, my mom – or, as I like to call her, “Ol’ Hawkeye” - noticed I had a broken tail light. Even the guys that had worked on my car claimed to have not noticed it. At first, I was allll ready to blame them for it, until I remembered I had kinda backed into my recycling bin a week or so ago. At the time, I checked my car for scratches and saw no damage, but I hadn’t noticed the tail light. Son of a BIZZNITCH. $300+ to repair it, and another trip to Kanata in my near future because of it. Just when I start to think I’m getting my head above water with budgeting money, life throws me another curve ball. arrrrghhhhh!!!! Damn you, Life. Damn you!!!!!
So yeah. I forgot to take a picture of my salad. But I had the Grilled Peach & Chicken Salad at Kelsey’s, and it was really yummy, and you’ll just have to take my word for it. I’ve discovered I have a deep passionate love for goat cheese, which this salad featured. It was just about the only good thing about the whole frigging evening.
Anyways. I’m pretty sure nobody actually cares about my salad or my car or my new-found love for goat cheese. So why not move on to a little Wednesday Q & A?
1. What is the weirdest thing you own? I’m drawing a blank here, folks. The only thing I can think of, and I don’t really own them, is a set of playing cards that I keep in the junk drawer of my kitchen that are shaped like penises. (peni?) And they aren’t really mine. They belonged to one of my former roommates, who so graciously offered to let me keep them when she moved out. (*ahem*notSusie*ahem*) ;)
2. What reality show would you want to be on? I used to love watching Reality TV – Survivor, The Bachelor/ette, Big Brother – but aside from The Voice, I’ve pretty much dropped them all in recent years. I am, however, following the Canadian version of The Amazing Race which is airing now, and I keep thinking it might be fun. I was pleasantly surprised to read my friend Stacy’s post this morning to see she thought I’d be a good one to do the race with! My mom told me the other night she didn’t think anyone would want to be my partner because I have zero patience and she figured I’d have too many meltdowns. haha! So there, Ma!! I can actually see Stacy & I having a lot of fun doing The Amazing Race together. I’m not sure how far we would get, but anytime we go on an adventure together, we always have lots of laughs and usually a few stories to tell – plus, she’s the friend I’ve had the longest, so we know each other really well. I think we’d know what to expect from one another! Stace – we should totally sign up!! ;)
3. When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up? In the video we did in Grade 1, when asked what I want to be when I grew up, I said a doctor. A DOCTOR. Every time I see it, I’m all like, “Say whaaaaa?” I don’t ever remember wanting to be a doctor, or even a nurse for that matter. I have no idea what possessed me that day. I do recall thinking I’d like to be a teacher for a while. Then somewhere along the way I found a love for writing, so then I wanted to be an author. And I guess I still do. Someday…
4. What do you wish people knew about you without you having to tell them? I guess I’d have to say that I get easily stressed out, anxious, wound up…over the littlest things. (Like an oil change. And a subsequent broken tail light). Most people who know me are already well aware of that, but sometimes I have to remind them.
5. What is something you've always wanted to do but are afraid of? A few things come to mind… Bungee jumping, getting a tattoo… I don’t think the bungee jumping will ever happen, but I still sometimes think about that tattoo. Again… maybe someday…
Happy Wednesday, pals. :)