Holy poor little abandoned blog… Was it really just a few weeks ago that I promised to be a better blog pal? I really shouldn’t have made such a promise just before going on vacation.
I have so much to recap for you – my 30th, my vacation, my current fitness successes & goals…
But unfortunately, I’m still playing catch-up at work after returning from my holidays, and I have.no.time.
So instead, how about a quick We Want to Know Wednesday post until I can get my thoughts together?
Here are my answers to this week’s questions:
1. Which actress would you choose to play you in a movie? I’ve been asked this before, and I struggle with an answer. But I always end up picking the same actress: Katherine Heigl. And the reason? Back when I used to take Karate, a little girl in the class once told me I looked like Izzie from Grey’s Anatomy. I don’t happen to think I look anything like her, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a teensy bit flattered. ;) I’m pretty sure it was just the way I had my hair up or something, but I thanked that kid profusely!! hahaha!!
2. Would you rather drink Coke or Pepsi? Pepsi. Diet, please. I know, it’s bad for me, it has aspartame. But I prefer the taste of Diet Pepsi. For the past seven months, I haven’t had much of it anyways – only when eating out do I order it, I don’t buy it for home anymore, so I allow myself the aspartame treat once in a while. ;)
3. Is there anything you are looking forward to this month? August seems to be a bit quieter month in comparison to June & July, but I am looking forward to our Canada Day Committee wrap party this coming Saturday! :) Shawville Fair is also on the horizon, starting in late August, and I’m super-pumped to see Dallas Smith perform again. Can’t wait!!
4. Would you rather have a cat or a dog? If I had to pick… a dog. I’m kind of allergic to cats, so they’re a no-go. I go through phases where I really want a dog, but thank goodness I haven’t yet made that impulse purchase, because the urge usually passes within a few days. I tend to forget how much work they are – and how much they cost – so when I’m reminded of that, the desire quickly fades!!!
5. What is something you feel strongly about? Lately, I feel strongly about the importance of working hard to make positive changes. It’s easy to sit back, bitch & moan about what we don’t have, blame things on other people, and be miserable. But it’s all on us to make the changes necessary to be happier, feel better, and/or take pride in what surrounds us. “Be the change you want to see in the world.” Yep, I just threw a Gandhi quote out there. Cliché? Perhaps. Even sillier because it makes me think of Michael Scofield? Definitely. But it is one that really resonates with me.