Friday, August 23, 2013

Friday… Confession Time!

PEACH of a Friday out there, friends!  Let’s get ready for the weekend with a little confessing…

Friday confessional high heeled love

Linking up with Aubrey @ High-Heeled Love :)

I confess… that despite being proud of the way Wentworth Miller came out the other day (in protest of the appalling treatment the Russian government are giving to gay & lesbian people living in that country), I was a little bit sad too.  I’d heard the rumors, but I didn’t want them to be true.  Finding out your boyfriend is gay is always gonna be a bit of a shot to the heart, isn’t it?

I confess… I should’ve known.  That smart?  That sexy??  He really was too good to be true, wasn’t he??

wentworth-miller 2

I confess… that the Wentworth Miller “coming out party” still managed to bring a smile to my face, with the texts and emails I received from family & friends wanting to break the news to me gently.  My peeps are the best.

I confess… I’ve been avoiding googling anything to do with Dexter, because I kind of ruined Prison Break for myself by googling the crap out of it while I was watching it (hit wayyyy too many spoilers that took away some of the suspense of the show).  However, after Wentworth’s news broke on Wednesday, I absolutely went and Wikipedia’d my current main man, Dexter (aka, Michael C. Hall) to verify that he isn’t gay.  (fortunately, he has played a gay man in the past on TV and on Broadway, but having been married twice – to women – I think I can confirm that he’s safe for me to lust after. phewf.)

Michael-C-Hall-Actor-Shirt-Style-Dexter

I confess… I miss Dexter.  Last night was the first night in over a week that I haven’t spent any time with him.  And unfortunately, I don’t see much time for Dexter and I this weekend either.  I’m going to have to figure something out, I can’t go that long without my sexy Dexy serial killer!!!

I confess… I’ve been proud of myself this week in my “battle with food”.  I’ve managed to keep it pretty healthy all week long, even when the opportunity to eat out has presented itself.  I’ve steered clear of french fries, opting for salads instead, and that has been a struggle for me in recent weeks.  I feel like I’m finally getting back on track with my healthy eating habits, and it feels good.

salad 2

I confess… my yearning for fall hasn’t diminished at all since posting about it the other day.  Thankfully, our office is a freezing meat locker, so despite it being 30+ degrees this week, I’ve been able to enjoy one of my favourite “tastes of fall” with mugs of hot Chai tea each morning.  Mmmm!

hot tea

I confess… that I’ve got a busy & full weekend on deck, and I’m so looking forward to spending time with friends, getting my hair done, and a long-overdue movie date with my niece & nephew.  This is what weekends are all about!

I confess… that even though I’m longing for fall, it seems kind of surreal that next weekend is Shawville Fair time already.  Has it really been a year already?!?  Where does the time go??

I confess… that it’s on days like this that I’m extremely proud of my community and happy to live in such a wonderful little town.  In July, my friend Sarah’s brother lost his arm in a freak accident on the new Quyon Ferry. Tonight, we will gather to show support to him & his family, as his colleagues have organized a benefit party for him, and it’s going to be a big one.  I’ve learned first-hand how it feels to have the people in this town rally around me during hard times, and I’m so glad we are able to do the same for Harold and his family now.  I truly believe in my heart that this is one of the best little places to live in the world, and I’m so proud to call it my home!!

benefit

Have a wonderful weekend, all!! :)

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Wonder why sooo many guys are coming out of the gay closet lately and... after they do, it's hard for me anyway to see them in tv shows with women when they actually play straight guys...

Connie said...

I thought about you when I heard the news about Wentworth. :)

Laura Darling said...

I'm longing for fall too -- but I know once it gets cold for more than three days I'm going to be wishing for summer again! :)

Stacie said...

"Finding out your boyfriend is gay is always gonna be a bit of a shot to the heart, isn’t it?" - I may have let out a very unladylike, snorting laugh at this, you kill me.