Let’s hit up both on this cloudy, rainy Tuesday, shall we.
- The hair cut finally happened on Saturday morning, and you have no idea how necessary it was. I’ve been feeling so much lighter and summery, and not just hair-wise, if that makes any sense. Just what I needed to help pull me out of this current little rut I’ve been in. Some of you were sweethearts asked me to show it off, so here it is:
This was shortly after the cut…I can’t make it look that good, but I still like it
These were taken yesterday. My straightening techniques suck. Slightly fluffier than I’d like it, but oh well.
- My mom says it makes my face look rounder (which is code for “fat”). I say it makes my neck look skinnier. You win some, you lose some.
- You know what else can boost my mood quickly? A little on-line shopping. I’ve been struggling with my summer wardrobe. Things that used to fit don’t anymore. Things that do fit are old. I couldn’t remember the last time I bought new clothes. So yesterday, I went on the Old Navy website and ordered a whole bunch of summery selections. I hope at least some of it fits, because nothing can kill a mood any more quickly than tight clothes that need to be returned…*sigh*
- I have a new favourite song. Can you say OBSESSED?? I love it. Can’t get enough. Listen to it three or four times a day. Adam Levine makes me weak at the knees.
- Father’s Day was another one of those “firsts” I was dreading. It turned out to be a not-so-bad day. After church, we went out for breakfast and then on to the cemetery. Then Mom & I hung out at home, reading and relaxing, enjoying the sun. I just had to think of Dad scowling anytime he was the centre of attention, and it made the day easier. We had Mae’s for supper, and when I went down to pick up our order, I found a penny lying on the picnic table. My mom finds pennies all over the place, but I hardly ever find any…I think Dad meant that one just for me. :)
- I’m still reading Fifty Shades. I’m dragging the third book, Fifty Shades Freed, out as long as I can. I know I’ve said it before, but I seriously don’t know what I’m going to do when I don’t have Christian anymore… I guess I’ll just have to keep watching The Vampire Diaries over and over, envisioning Mr. Somerhalder as the delicious Mr. Grey.
- Baby Time is getting closer and closer!! There was a mixed shower for Luke & Amanda on Saturday at her parents’ place, and it was the perfect way to spend an afternoon – Texas Horseshoes for the boys, lawn chairs and beverages for the ladies, BBQ’d burgers, dogs, and salads for supper, and a new stroller & car seat for the parents-to-be! I think Amanda’s really ready for this…
- Let’s hope Luke & Amanda’s baby is as cuddly as their giant horse of a dog. Poor Yzerman thinks he’s a lap-dog. Just looking at these pictures crack me up, remembering how hard he tried to sit on Lynn and lie on top of Meghan!!!
Happy Tuesday, gang :)