Ever have one of those days??
I’m having one.
In fact, it started last night. I was so excited to get home to cut the grass, but for some reason, my mood has been on the decline ever since. After I cut the grass, I went for a walk, hoping to shake the bad vibes, and instead ended up clumping around town, feeling like an out-of-shape elephant. When I got back home, I drove to the store to buy more chips and dip – because they always make me feel better – but no. I felt even worse. AND they gave me cankers.
The reason today? Not a clue. There’s no good reason at all. The sun is shining, and nothing has gone particularly wrong.
But I’m blah. For whatever damn reason. Feeling very “Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day”.
I’m trying to self-soothe with a big mug of Twinings Irish Breakfast tea. Because, let’s face it, I’m no Anastasia Steele. No English Breakfast for me today. Plus, I bought the Twinings variety pack, and I’d rather save the English Breakfast for a day when I’m feeling more Ana-ish and less elephant-ish. Y’know?
So. Let’s try to turn things around, here, shall we? Yesterday, one of my favourite bloggy pals, Vandy at The Testosterone Three and Me was playing a fun game of TAG. You guys know I’m a sucker for a good game of Tag.
Here we go – THE RULES:
- Answer 11 questions from the person who tagged you.
- Ask 11 new questions.
- Tag 11 blog friends--no tag backs. (In my experience, you guys don’t really like being tagged…so like Vandy did, I’m going off the page here. Since when do I follow rules anyways. Anyone who would like to answer the questions, please feel free!!)
My answers to Vandy’s questions:
- What is your favorite family game, or game to play with friends? I haven’t played a game with either family or friends in a loooong time. With the fam, we used to have some hilarious games of Balderdash. With friends, my game of choice is Texas Hold ‘Em Poker. I only wish I played it more. I’m also a fan of Scattergories or Yahtzee.
- Do you enjoy cooking or find it a colossal chore? I need to be in the right frame of mind. If I get in the right mood, I love to cook. It’s the clean-up after that I find a colossal chore that I’d rather run and hide from…
- What is your preferred weekend activity? These days, that would be reading on my beck dack. Otherwise, I’m always up for dinner and movies with friends or family members. Going to the movies – or watching them at home - is one of my favourite things to do. I only wish I had the time & money to go more often.
- What is your bad habit? Picking my lips. More of a nervous habit than anything, but I wish I could quit.
- What is your guilty pleasure? Depends on the day. But today, I’ll say chips and dip, Drumstick ice cream cones, and Justin Bieber. Oh, and Christian Grey.
- Do you have a must see TV show? Lately, no…I’ve been catching up with TV shows on DVD mostly. But I love The Big Bang Theory and Grey’s Anatomy. Those would be the two that I do my best to see.
- Do you have pets? One lonely lil’ ghetto gold fish with a giant growth protruding from his side. Named Marley. He’ll probably die soon.
- Tea or Coffee? I actually like both, but I’m more likely to go for a cup of tea at any time of day. Coffee usually only on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
- What is your favorite summer evening activity? Lately? Nothing. Watching TV shows on DVD and spending time with Christian. How sad is that. I usually like an evening walk (when I’m not feeling like an out-of-shape elephant), and hanging out at the ball field if there’s something to watch!
- What is your favorite go to quick dinner that's not take out? I have several – but all time, the fave is breakfast-for-dinner. Scramble some eggs with cheese, and toast. A few strips of pre-cooked bacon if I have it.
- What is your favorite animal? I honestly don’t know if I really have a favourite animal. I like the idea of dogs, but don’t think I could actually put up with one being mine. Seeing how the word of the day is ‘ELEPHANT’, let’s go with that. Elephants are cool.
Now, it’s my turn to come up with 11 questions for you. That’s right – if you’re reading this, and you’d like to play along, consider yourself tagged! Leave me a comment if you plan on doing it so I can check out your answers.
- Tattoos – for or against? If you have one/some, tell me about them.
- If you could be a character on any TV show – past or present – who would you choose to be?
- What is your favourite comfort food?
- Have you fallen victim to Fifty Shades of Grey yet? If so, love it or hate it? Who do you picture as your Christian Grey?
- Blackberry, iPhone, or other?
- What is your current favourite song – the one you could listen to over and over?
- What was your favourite thing about the ‘90’s?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would you change?
- Do you have summer travel plans? If so, where are you going?
- If you could be the best at any sport – think Wayne Gretzky, Babe Ruth, Tiger Woods – what sport would you want to be the BEST at?
- Your all-time favourite movie – name it & tell me why.
I hope some of you decide to answer these questions…otherwise that was a colossal waste of time!
In other news…my mood is marginally better. Mainly because we just spent twenty minutes in the office talking about people puking in cars.
How sad is that puke talk has made me laugh. *sigh*