Here are this week’s summery questions:
(1) What is the usual summer high temperature where you live?
(2) How do you keep cool? Do you have central air?
(3) Do you swim? If you get in the water do you get your hair and make-up wet?
(4) What is your favorite summer look? As far as outfit , shoe choice and hairstyle? (Pics are rad or just describe it.) Do you wear less make-up in the summer?
(5) What is your favorite summer meal to make or eat, either way? (Score extra cool points for a recipe.)
(1) What is the usual summer high temperature where you live? You never know what you might get up here, but generally, our summer weather in West Quebec is pretty nice – temps anywhere from 25 – 35 degrees Celsius. We’re riding a pretty serious heat wave this week, today’s temperature is to be 35, to feel like 45 with humidity. I believe that’s over 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Hot.
(2) How do you keep cool? Do you have central air? Thankfully, yes, my landlords installed a unit last summer. Prior to last summer, we had 3 window air conditioners running in the two-storey house, and it was still hot. Keeping cool isn’t too difficult now; I work in an icebox, and my house is pretty cool, too – so the warmest part of my day is my five-minute drive to and from work in my non-air-conditioned antique car. If I get an invite to swim somewhere, I usually take it up. And other than that, there’s always lots of popsicles, freezies, and ice cream in my life. :)
(3) Do you swim? If you get in the water do you get your hair and make-up wet? I love to swim. I look like hell in a bathing suit, but I love to be in the water. And yes, I dunk - my hair is never that important, and my make-up is usually minimal.
Last summer in my neighbour’s pool
(4) What is your favorite summer look? As far as outfit , shoe choice and hairstyle? (Pics are rad or just describe it.) Do you wear less make-up in the summer? I’m all about the shorts/skirt, tank tops (despite the fact that I hate my flabby arms), shades, flip flops, and you guys know I’ve got my short summer ‘do going!! :) I don’t wear much make-up anyways, so I don’t generally wear less in the summer – although I shouldn’t put it on at all when I’m outside, it melts off in about 5 seconds…
Circa 2009 or 2010 I think? I still wear that black tank all the time.
Just this past Saturday, after getting my hair cut
(5) What is your favorite summer meal to make or eat, either way? (Score extra cool points for a recipe.) This is going to sound lame, but one of my favourite summer meals is a toasted tomato sandwich with mayo and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. That IS summer to me. Also, strawberries, watermelon, and banana-flavoured popsicles. YUM :)
I love summer. I love that it’s finally here. I love the heat.