It’s We Want to Know Wednesday Q&A!!!
Food?? Yo, I’m IN. Due to my current lose-weight-project, I’m not getting to eat much of it these days, so I might as well talk about it instead!
Here are the questions:
1. What is the one thing (food or drink) that you MUST have everyday? I don’t have any supreme addictions to caffeine or chocolate. Back in the day (like, one month ago) I would’ve said chips, but as we all know, I have cut the chips & all of my other evening snacks right outta my life. So I have the unfortunately boring answer of water. I could not survive the day with a million gallons of water. And I don’t need to Crystal Light that shizz up, just give ‘er to me straight and cold, thankyouverymuch.
2. What is your "go to" food when you don't feel well/need comfort? Well, generally when I’m not feeling well, the desire to eat goes out the window. (This is how we know Jill is really sick.) So generally, in those situations, I go for the old childhood sickie foods my mom used to serve – chicken noodle soup, toast, ginger ale. As for comfort food? That could be any number of delicous delicacies – pasta (lasagna or spaghetti), chili, cake, McDonalds…I’m famous for soothing myself with food. And it’s usually very, very bad for me.
3. Is there a dish that you make that people request when they visit your home/a family favorite? Not really. I usually make some sort of pasta dish for pot lucks with the friends, but no one ever really requests it. I’ve made homemade pizza for my family and friends and they all seem to like it. And at the office, they seem to enjoy my lasagna (which I have to make for them soon!)
4. What are 3 foods that you have TRIED and do not like and will NEVER eat again? 1) cooked or canned mushrooms (I have just recently discovered I actually like raw, fresh mushrooms, but I don’t think i could ever stomach them cooked or out of a can); 2) Sushi – really didn’t enjoy it; 3) Escargots – my uncle made them once in these little pastries with lots of garlic butter – but I just couldn’t get past the rubbery texture. YUCK!
…and our final question comes from Dee at Homesick Cajun
5. What is one thing that you love to eat that people would think is weird and/or gross? I don’t know if I really have anything gross… I know how Amber feels about poutine, but I think she’s one of the rare few who think it’s gross. (Her and my mom!!)
My dad used to make peanut butter & raw onion sandwiches and I tried it once and really liked it, but I haven’t eaten that in years… I don’t know! I think that’s about as weird & gross as it gets.
I love food…I could talk about this all day!!!