I finally hit 50 followers yesterday!!!
See, all you have to do is some begging and pleading and dangling loot to gain a substantial following. ;) Thank you – to my cousin Chris, who officially logged in at #50, and to everyone before and after him who clicked that little ol’ “FOLLOW” button. I love you all. As I type this, I’ve actually hit 53 followers!! Wheeee!! My life is complete now!!
Now keep your pants on, because Jill’s 50 Follower Giveaway is coming up next week. I have to actually go and buy the loot before I show you the super-awesome gift you’re all going to be vying for and start the contest. Thank you to everyone who gave suggestions yesterday, I will definitely take them into account!Don’t leave, it’s coming very very soon!!
Now for a little Tuesday randomness…
- I have a new baby cousin!! Wahoo!!! Early yesterday morning, my cousin Dave and his wife Dawn welcomed their first baby, a boy, Dillon Jeffrey, weighing 8 lbs. 3 oz. I can’t wait to meet the new little branch on our family tree. His grandma says he’s just perfect!!
- I signed up for Zip.ca a few weeks ago. Of course, Netflix is the way to go, but I live in pretty much the only house in North America that does not have high-speed or wireless Internet, nor can I afford to get it. So Zip.ca it is, where you sign up for a plan, they mail you DVDs, and you mail them back when you’re done with them. I’m on my one-month free trial, and so far, it’s going well. I’m working my way through True Blood, the hit vampire TV series that I’ve heard so much about. Truth? I was a little weirded out by it at first. But now, half-way through Season 1, I think I can say I’m hooked. If for no other reason, the hot guys. But it’s sure not the sweet innocent vampire/werewolf love of Twilight…
- My 101 Adventure has become a total snoozefest. Summer is winding down, and all I’ve done is read books and watch movies. How depressing.
- That being said, I’m almost finished reading my 10th book of the year, The Help by Kathryn Stockett, and oh.my.god. I love this book. I started reading it Friday morning, and if I’d had one more day of vacation, I would’ve finished it yesterday. SO GOOD. Like, can’t-put-it-down good. Looking forward to seeing how the movie compares. (If anyone wants to come see it with me, let me know!!)
- I went to a lia sophia jewelry party last night, and I fell in love with some of the pieces. I ended up getting a new necklace, bracelet, and ring. I’m planning on hosting a party in September…that’s how much I loved it!!
- My friend Lindsay recently recommended to me (and blogged about) Luxe Box by Loose Button. I was intrigued (and kinda jealous when Linds got her box of goodies last month), so I signed up for it. I know. Frivolous spending. I can see my mother shaking her head… But for $12, I got a sample of Pur Mineral powder, hand & body cream, lip plumping treatment, and perfume, along with a bonus pair of really sweet earrings. I think it was worth it!!
That’s the random floating through my brain this morning. If you’d like to share your Random Bloggy Thoughts with the world, go visit Stacy Uncorked and link ‘er up!
Thanks again for pushing me over the 50 mark!! You guys are the best :)