Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Wednesday Loves!

Happy Wednesday, guys!  Just over one week until my favourite day of the year… any chance can we push a pause button though?  I need more TIME!  Still so much to do… wrapping presents, gingerbread house making, and SO many movies left to watch.  I need this pre-Christmas season to last just a wee bit longer!

Today, I thought I’d stick with that tried-and-true Wednesday tradition and run through a few of the things I’m loving right now:

I’m loving that I got the Christmas baking finished last night!  I had a few more treats to make, and I spent all evening finishing them up, assembling trays, and storing them in the freezer.  At least that much is done and off my shoulders!


As many of you know, I’ve become a big SNL fan over the past few years (I was a little late showing up for the party, but whatever) – and just this past weekend, it dawned on my that I’m kind of in love with Weekend Update co-anchor Colin Jost.  He’s just so… cute!!




Another current love of mine:  this kid named Zach who was on this past season of The Voice.  He didn’t make it to the finals, and he’s kinda creepy-too-young for me, but still… I find him darned attractive.  And last night when he returned to sing Forever and Ever Amen with finalist Barrett?  Well, sorry Barrett, but I think Zack was better than you!


Speaking of The Voice… I sort of slept through most of last night’s finale, but I did wake up in time to see Team Adam’s Jordan Smith crowned this year’s big winner, and I was so happy!  Of course I love Adam, that’s no surprise… and I pegged Jordan as a heavy favourite very early on.  I like seeing a humble, average joe kind of guy like that take home the title.


I love this post from The Daily Tay that went up yesterday.  It perfectly captures how I feel this time of year, and I swear, it almost felt like I could have written it myself.  I shared it on Facebook and it appears I’m not alone in that sentiment – it seemed to strike  a chord with many.
And because of that post, I loved sitting up a little later than usual last night, just gazing at the tree all by myself.

I love that I have one last purchase to make, and one more gift to come in the mail, and my Christmas shopping will be officially finished.  I have been “almost done” for 2 weeks now, and what’s left to come is not stressing me out in the least.  But it will be nice come Friday to finally be able to say, “I’m done.  Let’s wrap.”

I love that I have time this weekend.  A few last-minute holiday parties have cropped up, but if I don’t go anywhere on Saturday, I won’t be sad.  I want to wrap my gifts and decorate my gingerbread house and make hot chocolate and watch a million movies.  And then, just sit and bask in the glow of my Christmas tree.



What are YOU loving this Wednesday??

Hope you’re all enjoying the pre-Christmas festivities and fun!  Let’s make it last as long as we can!!

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Your space is so festive! I love the glow of Christmas tree lights.