- This day was an OK day. Riiiight up until the moment the underwire of my bra decided to poke out and stab me in the chest. This is a problem I seem to have far too often, and is likely a direct result of me buying cheap-ass Giant Tiger bras.
- A while back, I asked for recommendations on how to fix my insanely dry, chapped lips. It took me weeks to finally get out and actually buy something other than the lacklustre lip balms I already owned, but once I finally did… ding, ding, ding, I found the winner! I’ve been using Blistex Lip Medex in a little dark blue pot for two weeks now, and it has finally remedied that situation. Soft, lovely, kissable lips. (just an fyi, boy readers.)
- Current favourite song to belt out whilst driving in my car: “We Were Us” by Keith Urban and Miranda Lambert. It’s kind of like country rapping, and I get the words wrong 94% of the time, but it’s a fun one to sing along to.
- PS – I may now believe that I am Miranda Lambert’s voice twin. She joins the elite ranks of Adele and Sheryl Crow, who I have also deemed to be my voice twins in the past.
- I’m trying really hard in this post to not mention the word “Christmas”, since it is only the middle of November and I think I may have already talked about Christmas excessively in the past few weeks. But it’s really hard not to talk about Christmas. I’m so so so excited for it this year.
- I’ve been getting up early a few days a week for the past month to get my workouts in. You would think I’d be starting to get used to it, but I am not. When the alarm goes off at 5:25 (which is actually 5:15 because my clock is set 10 minutes fast), I usually groan or shout something like “Oh, COME ON!!!” Doesn’t seem to matter if I go to bed at 9:00 PM (way too early for me). I am just not a morning person and I hate getting up that hour earlier.
- I continue to do so, though, because I really love having my evenings free to do as I please. And so far, that has outweighed my deep loathing for getting up an hour earlier.
- I saw a report this morning that Billy Miller is leaving the Y&R. Two months ago, I would not have cared because I had fallen off the Y&R train long ago, and didn’t anticipate hopping back on anytime soon. But I got a PVR, and that coincided with the storyline revolving around Billy’s daughter’s tragic death on the show, and it hooked me. Well… he hooked me. And now he’s leaving? bah. Sorry, Y&R, but I fear you’re losing me again!
- Have I ever told you guys how much I love yoga? I really love yoga. Even when I can’t do the pose the way I’m supposed to. I used to find that extremely frustrating, but now I find myself just rolling with it. I’m seriously tossing around the idea of giving up a few of my days of cardio so that I’m doing yoga several days a week instead of just once. That’s how much I’m loving it.
- Two movies I’m looking forward to seeing: Catching Fire & About Time. I’m hoping for a few trips to “my happy place” in the weeks to come!
I think that’s all she wrote for today, folks. Have a good one!
Linking up with Stacy Uncorked for Random Tuesday!