I’m feeling a little stressed out this morning. Over the house painting. And Christmas. And money.
Though there’s nothing majorly wrong or upsetting, it really hasn’t been the best week in the history of my life.
So I need a minute or two to just distract myself with other things. Silly things. Mundane things.
These are my Thursday things.
- There’s nothing quite like that feeling when a celebrity starts following you on Twitter. After hearing that several of my friends somehow got Dallas Smith to follow them on Twitter, I did one of those lame appeals via a tweet. Something along the lines of “Please, @dallassmith, will you follow me, too?” And he DID.
- Kind of made up for the fact that I didn’t get to his concert in Ottawa last night. It was an extra-special show because our hometown girl Natasha Curley won a contest to open for him. Bet it was a pretty amazing night at Centrepoint Theatre!
- I have determined that my favourite kind of yogurt is cherry. I keep buying these variety packs of Iogo yogurt, but I only get excited when I hit the cherry flavour. It’s like hitting the yogurt jackpot.
- I haven’t talked much about The Voice this season, but I have a favourite. And his name is Matthew Schuler. He’s not Team Adam, and he’s not Team Blake, which makes me feel like a bit of a traitor. But honestly, I don’t think either of them would blame me. Pretty sure Team Christina has it in the bag this year with this boy.
- My facebook friends already know this story, but forgive me for repeating it again here. I ordered a new pair of work pants from Old Navy on-line because my current pairs are a little too big and sloppy. I ordered a size 10. I put them on, zipped ‘em up, and they were tight. I was disappointed. Until I took them off and realized they mistakenly sent me a size 4. So even though they were too small, the fact that I was able to actually zip up a pair of size 4 pants just had me grinning like a fool for a good hour last night.
- I know, I know. A girl should never discuss her weight or her size in public. But seriously, I just had to shout that one from the rooftops. I didn’t even care.
- Is it OK to start watching Christmas movies yet? Because I really really want to.
- I made a list of Christmas gift ideas for the people I have to buy for this year. I’m feeling very organized and not as panicky as I usually am when it comes to thinking up cool gift ideas. Now I just need to buy them.
- Aside from the Christmas Craft & Bake Sale at Onslow Elementary School on Saturday, I have nothing on this weekend. Which means I’ll hopefully have lots of time to spend with my book and with Dexter. Both have been severely neglected in the past few weeks. I’m looking forward it.
- It’s amazing how a few days of “staying on track” with exercise and eating healthy can pull me back from the brink. At the beginning of the week, even with my regained resolve and my “Healthy November” plan, I was feeling pretty bleak about it all. Today, I can tell you with full confidence that I’m back. And that is, by far, the best thing I’ve got going for me this week.
The weekend is almost here. Hallelujuah!