It’s Tuesday. The perfect day of the week to go random!
- Things people don’t tell you when you say “hey, I’m going to lose 75 lbs.”: that after you do, you’re going to FREEZE. I swear, I’m alwaysalwaysalways cold now. We used to fight over the thermostat in this office – Sue & Lindsay on the “it’s too cold” side, and the rest of us on the “someone turn on the damn air conditioner” side. I have officially switched sides.
- I should really apologize to Lindsay for all the times I told her there was something wrong with her, and that I thought she was part lizard or something. And I really would apologize to her, except I’m too busy trying to crawl under her desk to huddle by her space heater.
- PS – to the family member who has my name for Christmas that might be reading this… I forgot to put down that I need a space heater for under my desk. Please & thank you.
- Despite my new-found loathing of the cold… snow still excites me. I think snowflakes are just about the prettiest things in the whole wide world.
- There is just something about this time of year – that pre-Christmas “calm before the storm” – that I adore. It’s this magnetic draw to hunkering down on the couch with my quilt, steaming cup of tea or hot chocolate at my side, and a good book or movie (or both). No real panic yet, as there’s still plenty of time to get the shopping done and the Christmas cards mailed and the baking in the freezer… it’s just time to soak up the quiet, still moments that the early dark and the first cold bring with them before the madness explodes.
- I admit, though, that I have been in a “book slump” for a few weeks. I haven’t been doing much reading at all. It’s been nagging at me that our next Book Club meeting is in early December, and I hadn’t yet flipped the book open. So I finally did it last night. With the PVR set for The Voice, my dishes and laundry done, and Yoga class over, I finally took one of those precious, sacred hours on the couch with the quilt and the book, and I immersed myself in Where We Belong by Emily Giffin. And it was much-needed.
- I’m on a Dexter hiatus. I know. It’s sad. But I made a deal with myself. I just finished Season 5, and I’ve made the difficult decision to hold off on buying the next season until the new year. I need to save my money for Christmas shopping, and I’m going to be too busy anyways with Christmas festivities – decorating, baking, watching holiday specials, spending time with family and friends – to be with Dexter. It only makes sense. Even though I’ll miss him.
- Current favourite thing to eat: Quiche. I shared the recipe for the Bacon Jalapeno Popper Quiche I made a few weeks ago, and it turned out amazingly well for my first attempt at Quiche. Tonight, I’m taking on The Pioneer Woman’s Cowboy Quiche. I’m excited.
- The best part about finally hauling my butt out of bed early in the AM to get my workouts done is that I now have time in the evenings to play around in the kitchen! In the weeks to come, I’m looking forward to making spaghetti sauce, chili, hamburger soup… yum!!
- Have I mentioned yet how much I love this time of year? Man, I love this time of year. :)
- … except for the cold.
Happy Tuesday, friends!
Linking up with Stacy Uncorked for Random Tuesday!!