- Easter weekend. It was truly wonderful, in so many ways. And I was sorry to see it draw to a close. I had my niece & nephew over for a sleepover Friday night, which is always a blast; I spent the day relaxing and enjoying the nice weather on Saturday; Sunday our family gathered for church, brunch out afterwards, and then a delicious dinner at Mom’s; and then yesterday I went to “My Happy Place” with Lindsay to see The Host. So many good times, so many great moments…
- Ah, but it wasn’t all perfect. Just ask the Ottawa Senators. I was so pumped for a Saturday night tilt against the Leafs, but of course, my “pesky Sens” decided that THIS was the perfect night to crap the bed. We lost 4-0 on home ice, with the legion of Leaf fans in attendance chanting “This is our house”, and leaving me in one red-faced tizzy. God, I hate the Leafs.
- I finished Prison Break. There were tears. I can’t explain any further, as Linds is still working her way through Season 4, and I can’t ruin it for her. I will say that I thought it was an incredible finale, and yet I now seriously feel like I’m missing my right arm or something. Does life really go on after Prison Break…?
- For those of you wondering what’s up next for me in my TV endeavours… it’s Sons of Anarchy. I was trying to decide between it, The Walking Dead, or Breaking Bad. Sons of Anarchy won. But I can’t seem to start it yet. It’s like I’m just not ready to let go of Michael yet…
- Late yesterday afternoon, I arrived home from the movies and went to my basement to do some laundry, only to discover water seeping in to my basement. I was all like, “What the FRACK!?!” I often get water in my basement in the spring when the snow melts, but most of the snow was already gone, and I had been celebrating the fact that I had managed to escape this year with no water. So I was confused. Moments later, I discovered my neighbour had posted on Facebook warning people that there appeared to be a water line break across the street from her house, and that everyone should fill their tubs because the water would probably be turned off to repair the break. It wasn’t until then that I peered out my front window and realized I had a mini-lake forming in front of my house, and was all like, “Ohhhh…” Apparently I hadn’t even noticed the giant puddle I’d driven through moments before… *sigh*
- The water was pouring in, and in little over an hour, I had almost six inches of water in my basement. The good news: It’s an unfinished cement-floor basement. The bad news: My washer, dryer, furnace, hot water tank, and freezer are all down there. I felt horrible having to call my Uncle Garry and Rolly to come and help me – Uncle Garry brought a pump, and within a few hours, they had the water pretty well cleared up, and the flow coming in from the break had all but stopped. Needless to say… it wasn’t the way any of us had hoped to spend the evening!
- OK – I refuse to end on a negative note! Because the “ups” far outweighed the “downs” this weekend! Specifically, the fact that I wanted to maintain my weight over the weekend that was bound to be filled with indulgences, and I was successful. SO successful, in fact, that I actually lost a few more pounds. How? I do not know. But I’m not going to complain!
- This weekend, I had chips. I had Easter eggs. I had Eggs Benedict. I had a delicious Easter meal of ham, meatballs, scalloped potatoes, baked beans, veggies, salads, buns, and dessert. I had lunch out at St. Hubert’s. I had popcorn at the theatre. I treated myself royally, and it was wonderful… But there was also balance. I still never missed out on a shake, I stuck to my work-out schedule, and while it felt totally wrong to not have food from Mae’s Chipstand on opening weekend, I knew that it was a treat I needed to save for another time. Apparently, that all paid off in the end as I saw an even lower number on the scales this morning. :)
Seriously. When not even losing to the Leafs or a basement flood can dampen my mood, you know all’s good in my world…
I hope you all had a blessed Easter weekend, enjoying the good eats, the family, the friends, and the treats left by the Bunny!! I sure did!! :)