It feels like all I do is ramble randomly on the ol’ blog these days, but that’s just the way she goes, I guess.
Here I go again!
- Tuesday mornings are when I do my official weigh-ins, and as of this morning, I had lost 28.2 lbs from what I weighed on my Day 1, January 7, 2013. My initial goal of losing 30 lbs. is looming… Will I have accomplished my “30 Before 30 Project” by this time next week??? Fingers are crossed!
- I’ve been digging out my smaller-sized clothes over the past few weeks, and finally starting to feel comfortable in them again. Phewf!
- Yesterday, I did a little shopping at Old Navy with Lindsay, and my goal was to pick up some new work-out clothing. Aside from my uniform, I spend more time in Old Navy Activewear than anything else, and a lot of it was starting to get too big on me. It was a real treat to buy some better-fitting yoga capris, tees, and my favourite – the compression jackets! I also picked up a few new pairs of pants for work, since my old ones are getting pretty sloppy-looking, and I was super-excited to purchase one pair that was TWO sizes smaller than the current pants I’d been wearing! Woop woop!!
- After hitting up Old Navy, Linds asked if I minded heading down a few doors to the Jacob Outlet store. I said sure, of course, even though Jacob is a store I never go into because I just don’t fit into their clothing. Yet, once we were in the store, a short-sleeved pink knit cardigan caught my eye, and so I dug out the largest size they had and tried it on… and it fit!!! And I loved it!!! And it was on sale!!! :)
- OK. So. I’ve just gone, like, what, 5 whole minutes without mentioning Prison Break?? I didn’t think I could do it.
- There was a REAL attempted prison break in St. Jerome, Quebec, a few hours away from where I live. Like, a serious one. These guys hi-jacked a helicopter, flew over the prison, dropped a rope, and two inmates climbed up it and they took off. When I heard it on the news yesterday morning, I got all excited about it. And then I was sad to hear they got caught. You know something’s wrong whennnn… You end up ROOTING for REAL LIFE CRIMINALS to ESCAPE FROM PRISON. Too.much.Prison.Break. !!!!
- I argued with my mom and my sister this morning that maybe these guys were NICE, like most of the Prison Break characters. Lincoln was framed; Michael fired a gun in a bank to get into the prison to break his innocent brother out; Sucre was incarcerated for a minor convenience store robbery (he just needed money to buy a ring for his girlfriend); Tweener was in there because he stole a little ol’ baseball card. They weren’t really bad guys! So maybe these guys who tried to break out in St. Jerome were nice guys too! My sister’s reply: “It was a TV show, Jill. Of course they were all innocent.”
- On the weekend, I changed the wallpaper photo on my Blackberry from a picture of my nieces and nephew to this:
- And then I got concerned for myself. For real.
- I’m going to try to restrain myself from any further Prison Break talk today, other than to say this: Something bad is going to happen. I just know. I can feel it. I’m a few episodes into the final season now, and I’m starting to get very panicky. This isn’t going to end well for Michael, is it, guys? Is it???
- One of my most favourite pictures recently is this one, that our minister Nancy sent to me this morning. She took this picture of my niece Danica and I on Saturday at the Irish Tea at our church! Thank you, Nancy!!
- One year ago today, my mom and I had lunch on her patio because it was so beautiful out. As I recall, the temperature was in the mid-20’s, the snow was all gone, and it was a gorgeous sunny day. Today? Well, I don’t think we got as much snow as they were forecasting for our area, but we have some fresh new powder on the ground, and temps are hovering around freezing. What a difference a year can make, huh?
I seriously have nothing else to talk about other than Prison Break, and I know that nobody cares about it but me, so I’ll wrap this up before I start talking about it again. ;)