- It amazes me that half-way through LOST Season 3, it still has the ability to shock me. Absolutely floor me. You would think by now I’d be used to the twists; anticipating them. But they get me every damn time.
- I’m constantly trying to imagine what it must have been like for people watching this show when it was current; having to wait each week to find out what happens next. When the end of an episode leaves me with my jaw dropped, I just start the next one. I can’t imagine how hard it must have been to wait for each week! For instance, I’ve been watching for about three months now, and one of the biggest questions for me has been the mystery behind John Locke’s wheelchair, knowing he was paralyzed from the waist down before landing on the island, and then he miraculously regained the use of his legs after the plane crash. I’ve always wondered if the flashbacks would ever explain what had happened to Locke to put him in a wheelchair. Last night, I finally found out. And holy-crazy-mothertrucking-moment, it had me yelling at my TV: “WTF?!?!?!” But the people who watched LOST when it was current? They had to wait three years to find out. The creators sure liked to people keep guessing, didn’t they?
- Probably my biggest dislike when it comes to LOST? I hate it when I hit an episode that follows a storyline that really doesn’t interest me. For instance, I’m quite interested in any backstory relating to Sawyer, Jack, or Kate. I also find Locke’s story intriguing, and Hurley’s is usually very entertaining. I like finding out more about Jin and Sun, too. But I hate it when I hit a Sayid episode. Or a Desmond episode. Even Charlie and Claire’s stories don’t exactly have me riveted. Any other LOST fans know what I mean?
- And I’m still constantly surprised when I discover how certain characters are linked to one another, without them even realizing. Like, I watched an episode a few days ago where Claire finds out in a flashback who her real father is, and we find it’s also Jack’s father. Holy crap.
- Alrighty. So. I’m assuming you’ve heard enough about a show that went off the air over two years ago, am I right? ;) Yeah, I know. But I can’t help it. I’m so addicted.
- Most fun thing that’s happened to me lately in the middle of a Monday afternoon: I was discussing how to play Euchre, and my fear of sucking badly in this upcoming tournament, with the office ladies yesterday, when all of a sudden Lindsay and Sue jumped up from their desks and said, “OK! Come on, ladies! To the basement… We’re going to play Euchre!” So the four of us went down to the boardroom table, let the men handle the phones for half an hour, and we played Euchre. They gave me tips and explained strategies to me. Oh, and we laughed until we cried. It was so.much.fun.
- Very much looking forward to my mom’s Scentsy Open House this afternoon/evening. Her cousin Joan is a Scentsy representative, and she’ll have her electric warmers on display at my mom’s today from 3-7 PM, as well as all of her scents for people to choose from. I’m a huge Scentsy fan, and I can’t wait to check out what Joan has. This warmer is on my wishlist!
- I can’t believe I’ve gotten this far in my post without mentioning my new boyfriend Dallas Smith again. Here is your daily dose of Dallas. You’re welcome.
- Last, but certainly not the least topic on my mind this morning – Breaking Dawn Part 2. We are two days away. I’m slowly working myself up to the excitement of the final Twilight film. I’m not sure why, but I’m not feeling the same giddy-ness that I know I was experiencing a year ago at this time. Is it because I’m getting older? Or is it because I’m sad knowing this is really going to be the end of it all? At 10 PM on Thursday night, I will be sitting in the theatre with Linds & Britt, and I know I’ll be excited by then. But right now? I’m just kind of “meh” about it all. What’s wrong with me??
That’s all I’ve got for today, folks!
…and also linking up with Stacy Uncorked for Random Tuesday!