Today is a good day.
Any day that Channing Tatum is officially named the Sexiest Man Alive is a good day, my friends.
Come to me, baby.
Oh, and also, tomorrow is Breaking Dawn Part 2 day. Still not feeling as super-excited about it as I know I was feeling last year at this time, but… I’m gettin’ there. Besides, Channing Tatum has distracted me this morning. It’s all his fault.
ohhhhhh Channing Tatum. *sigh*
Alright. So. Moving right along.
Last week, my dear bloggy pal Jo over at Will the kids turn out ok? nominated me for the Liebster Award! Jo is definitely one of my most unique blog friends, in that she doesn’t even live in North America. She actually lives in Belgium! So cool, right?! It’s been so nice getting to know her over the past year, and comparing notes on what is similar and different about our lives, being that we live on different continents. Everyone go visit Jo and show her some love!
Speaking of love… We’re familiar with the Liebster around here, right? So we know that is means sweet, kind, endearing, lovely, valued, and welcome in German, and that it is normally given to up and coming bloggers with under 200 followers.
Now the rules state that each nominee must post 11 things about themselves; answer the questions left for you by the nominator, and create 11 questions for your nominees; and choose 11 nominees and let them know.
Normally, I consider myself a law-abiding citizen, but dudes, I’m totally gonna break the rules this time. As I’ve taken part in the Liebster before, I’m not going to nominate anyone this time. But I’m still going to create some questions for you, so please feel free to answer them, either in the comments section or on your own blogs :)
So. Here we go:
11 Things about me:
- My current boyfriend’s name is Dallas Smith. My other boyfriends are Ian Somerhalder and Josh Holloway. Oh, and also, Channing Tatum. Yes, I do realize that my boyfriends are fictional characters, aka famous people, and one is even the Sexiest Man Alive. I don’t care.
- I did not know how to play Euchre until two days ago. I have since downloaded the game on my phone and have been known to play it for up to an hour without realizing it.
- I still like Poker better than Euchre.
- I wear a watch every day, and when I forget it, I feel like I’m missing my whole arm. Yet, I’ve come to realize I don’t think I ever actually look at it to find out the time.
- I never used to get heartburn. Like, ever. And all of a sudden, this week, I have it every time I turn around. And I have no idea why.
- I quit going for walks at night because it gets dark so early now, and when I walk in the dark, I’m always looking over my shoulder, convinced that someone is going to jump me or maybe even kill me. I have not replaced my walks with any other form of exercise. I am now a giant sloth.
- I’m pissed off over the NHL lock-out, but I know I’m the kind of fan that will still be there when they finally resolve this and get back on the ice. I love hockey - and my Sens - too much to walk away.
- I have no idea what colour my eyes are. I used to always say brown, but then I decided they were hazel, even though I don’t even really know what colour “hazel” is. And I’ve had some people tell me they’re green. My eye colour is ambiguous, I guess.
- I support Movember, because it’s a worthy cause, but I hate hate hate mustaches. Unless, of course, it’s someone who has always had a mustache and would look weird without one. Then I’m okay with it.
- What I wish I was eating right now: Macaroni, tomato soup & cheez whiz, and a big mug of hot chocolate.
- One of my most favourite things to do is watch movies. The most recent movie I saw was People Like Us, starring Chris Pine, Elizabeth Banks, and Michelle Pfeiffer. I thought it was really good, and it made me cry like a baby – I swear, one of the most touching endings I’ve ever seen in a movie.
The 11 Liebster questions that I have to answer:
01. What would you name the autobiography of your life? I honestly have no idea. “Why Don’t We Just Dance?”. OK, that’s a Johnny Reid song title and I just stole it, but it kind of fits me.
02. Do you have any strange habits? Picking my lips. One of those weird nervous ticks, I guess. Wish I could stop it.
03. What story does your family always tell about you? I’m really not sure… usually something embarrassing. My sister and brother always bring up this totally made-up untrue story about me talking in my sleep about food when I was a kid. Hamburgers and hot dogs, so they say. I don’t believe them. I was never a sleep-talker.
04. Who were you names after? If no one, do you know how your parents picked your name? My first name is just a name my parents liked I guess, but my middle name is my mom’s name, Elizabeth.
05. If you had to name yourself would you chose the same name(s) … if no what would you pick? My mom once told me they considered naming me Alison, and I wished for a long time that they had. I used to think I’d have made a better Alison than a Jillian. As I get older, though, I think I’m glad I’m a Jillian. I don’t think I’d trade it.
06. Do you want to know what is going to happen in your future? Definitely not. I’m a worrier, so knowing what’s ahead would only have me worrying more, I’m sure. I’d rather just enjoy each day and take them as they come – whatever will be, will be, and my knowing it in advance isn’t going to change anything.
07. How do you have your eggs? I don’t have a way – I like them every way, depending on the day! I looove eggs. Usually over-easy or scrambled.
08. Do you sing in the shower? No, actually, I don’t think I do… hmm. Weird. I kind of think of myself as a sing-in-the-shower kind of girl, even though I don’t.
09. Do you suck or bite lollipops? I’ll suck it for a while, but eventually I get impatient and bite it. And holy cow, could the answer to this question ever be interpreted as dirty.
10. Are you related or distantly related to anyone famous? Um, yes. My brother is a Superstar.
11. If you were exiled what country would you choose as your new home? My first instinct is to say Ireland, because it’s my big dream destination. But then logic kicks in and I’m reminded that being exiled would suck and I’d probably cry and be lonely, so I’d rather be deported to the United States. Like, just across the border so I’m not too far away from my family and friends. I’d require them to visit me regularly.
And here are my 11 completely random Liebster questions to you:
- You are given a free round-trip ticket to go anywhere in the world for one week. Where do you choose to go?
- What is your biggest fear?
- Poker, Euchre, or other? (if other, tell me what your game of choice is!)
- What is the one TV show you can’t miss, and can’t wait to watch each week?
- Is there a book you love, and have read over and over? If so, which one is it?
- People magazine has given you the almighty power: YOU get to choose the Sexiest Man Alive. Who do you pick? (if you’re a boy – you get to pick a woman, if you want. ;))
- What’s your favourite scary movie?
- You’re invited to a party and told to bring your “signature dish” – what do you bring? (bonus points for a recipe!)
- What is the #1 item on your Christmas Wish List this year?
- If you could see any singer or band in the world, which would you choose?
- They’re going to name a pizza after you, and you get to pick the toppings – what are you putting on your pizza and what are you going to call it?
- Bonus question: I just have to ask, in honour of Breaking Dawn Part 2 tomorrow night. Team Edward or Team Jacob?
Please. Somebody answer these questions. I have officially bestowed the Liebster upon all of you! And like I said – we’re breaking the rules today, so you can too!! ;)