Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tuesday 10: TV Boyfriends!

I had plans for this Tuesday post. 

It was going to be one of those pour-my-heart-out posts.  The kind where I tell you all about how I need to change; to find myself again; to dig myself out of this rut I’ve been in for far too long…

But then, when I sort of shared these feelings with a friend recently, I was told to get over myself. 

And then, Lena’s Tuesday 10 theme this week is TV Boyfriends

And I figured that would be much more entertaining than listening to another one of my sob stories, right?

So.  Let’s do that instead.  TV Boyfriends it is.

Tuesday10

10. Chachi from Happy Days

chachi and joanieI think I’ve mentioned before that Chachi was one of my very first crushes.  I thought Joanie was the luckiest girl in the world…

9. Pacey from Dawson’s Creek

joey and pacey While the rest of the world rooted for Joey & Dawson, I was always a Pacey fan.  I like my men a little troubled, I guess.

8. Chandler from Friends

chandler and monicaI realize they got married, so he might also be in the running for best TV husband as well, but Chandler & Monica have always been my favourite Friends couple, and I was so excited when they first started seeing each other on the show.  I heart Chandler.  He was a really, really good boyfriend.

7. The Salvatore Brothers

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES

OK, so.  I’ve just left off the end of Season 2, I have no idea what happens in Season 3, or what lies ahead in Season 4… Where I’m at, Elena’s boyfriend is Stefan, but Damon is pining for her hard.  Really, though, can you have one Salvatore without the other?  As far as I can tell, that girl has the best of both worlds…

6. Brandon from Beverley Hills 90210

brandon and kellyKelly had it rough, eh?  Dylan or Brandon, Dylan or Brandon… While I’m always a sucker for the bad boy, I think if it came right down to it, I always knew Brandon was the better boyfriend.  He’d have been my pick.

5. Matt Saracen from Friday Night Lights

friday-night-lights-gilford30 As I’ve mentioned recently, I’m re-watching my seasons of Friday Night Lights, and I’m toooootally a Matt & Julie fan.  Where I’m at right now, she’s ditched him for the Swede, but Matt & Julie are one of those “destined to be together” couples.  Plus, he’s the starting quarterback with a super-soft side, and looks damned good in his uniform…

4. Zack Morris from Saved by the Bell

zack and kelly Who didn’t want to be Kelly Kapowski?!  I mean, Zack was the BEST!!  He had the coolest phone, and the coolest hair, and the guy was just the shizz.  I still sometimes daydream about being Kelly Kapowski, and having Zack as my boyfriend…just hanging out at the Max all day… *sigh*

3. Big from Sex & the City

hotness-carrie-and-big-2753805-524-360 I admit, I hated Big a lot of the time.  He could be a really crappy boyfriend.  And he could make me so friggin’ mad.  (As he did Carrie). … But that’s what makes a legendary, epic relationship, right?  Fiery passion.  Big & Carrie had that in spades. 

2. Leonard from The Big Bang Theory

THE BIG BANG THEORYAgain, I’m not all caught up on my seasons of Big Bang, but as far as I’m concerned, Penny’s a nut job for not sticking with Leonard.  I mean, sure, he’s a geek, and he has to drag Sheldon around with him every where, but is there anyone sweeter out there than Leonard Hofstadter?  I don’t think so.

1. Dr. Alex Karev from Grey’s Anatomy

alex and izzie I always wanted Alex & Izzie to end up together on Grey’s.  I was probably one of the few people in the world who didn’t fall madly in love with Denny Duquette when he swept Izzie off her feet, because I wanted her to be in love with Alex.  Alex is a little dark, a little twisted, and he seems to have the worst luck in the girlfriend department… But there was evidence that he could be a really, really good boyfriend.  Oh, how I adore him.

I feel like I'm forgetting somebody… that wasn’t the easiest list in the world to make!!

Who are your picks for Top 10 TV boyfriends?

Also linking up today with the lovely Impulsive Addict and Shawn for Talk To Us Tuesday!

Talk2Us

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice list! The classic like Saved by the... and 90210 take me back... waaay back. But that's kind of nice too. :)

Anonymous said...

*classicS. I have typing issues, apparently.

Nicole said...

10. I never watched Happy Days. I know, I'm a loser!

9. I agree about Pacey. Dawson was too whiny for me!

8. Chandler was awesome. Rachael was usually everyone's pick for the girls but I liked Monica so put those 2 together and you have the whole deal!

7. I don't know who The Salvatore Brothers are...

6. I never watched BH 90210... we didn't have cable....

5. Never watched Friday Night Lights - am I a loser??

4. Zack Morris was awesome. Kelly drove me nuts a bit! but have you seen the new show he's on? Franklin & Bash??

3. Big could absolutely piss you off, but yeah that was a pretty good one!

2. I love Leonard!

1. And Karev. He's my favorite on that show. He puts McSteamy & McDreamy to shame! He may be dark and mysterious and troubled, but I love Karev. And as the seasons progress I like him even more!

:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that you put Alex on there. I can't believe I forgot about him! Great list :)

Steph said...

I would never tell you to get over yourself. Just saying....

Cheers to brighter days and TV crushes!

Steph said...

Oh and my TV crush is Danny from Pawn Stars. He's the car guy. Yummmy!

HickChickBritt said...

Ah you made me want to go home and watch TV!

Robin said...

big is too self centered for me. But I totally agree about Chandler.
He's fab.

My crushes are way older... David Cassidy and Donny Osmond.

Anonymous said...

Awesome picks!! Completely agree with Karev and Izzie though, they were so good together!! And I was always a Pacey-girl tooo, not a fan of Dawson at all

VandyJ said...

Good list. I agree about Leonard. Cute geeks make me happy.
I have to put my vote in for Aiden. I liked him. Mr Big was Carrie's perfect match, but I liked Aiden.

Beth W said...

Much though I appreciate tough love, since when has anyone benefitted from being told to get over themselves? All that does is reinforce the belief that your feelings aren't valid...and hey, guess what, they are. So, complain away! We in blogland will brainstorm fixes for you, I'm sure. We're good at that. :)

Also, excellent taste in TV boyfriends!

Sheena said...

I <3 Pacey!

Jessica McCoy said...

Hi! I'm visiting from the "Talk To Us Tuesday" link up!

I love your list. Alex from Grey's has always been one of my favorites. He's always under the radar it seems but I hope he never leaves the show! I couldn't even begin to make my list LOL.

Stacie said...

Oh how I loved me some Pacey!

Carly Ann said...

I too was a Pacey fan! And I agree that I think Dr Karev is a stud, although I thought Denny was sweet and he and Izzie were also cute together.