It’s Tuesday, and I feel random. Let’s just go with it.
…as well as Stacy Uncorked for Random Tuesday!
- I pray to the Car Gods that they grant me six more months - just six more damned months!!! – to save some funds for new wheels. My poor ol’ Rav is gasping for breath, and I need it to last just a liiiiiiiiiiitle while longer…
- The issue now is it’s leaking oil from somewhere. Boys have explained to me where it is leaking and what needs to be done to fix it, but I don’t really understand. I don’t speak car. So I tried explaining it to my co-worker Pat yesterday, in hopes that he could help me out. He then took the shop mechanic Denis out to look at it, and then they asked me to come out to discuss it. Solemn-faced, Pat said to me, “We think the problem is the loose nut behind the wheel.” I was so confused. I was all like, “Whaaa?!? It’s leaking oil, what the heck does that have to do with a loose nut behind the wheel?!?” He pretty much doubled over laughing at me. Apparently, I’m the “loose nut behind the wheel”. God, I can be stupid sometimes…
- These car issues are quickly destroying any hopes I had of going South this winter. :(
- So, to cheer myself up, here’s my Song of the Week:
- I love that No Doubt is back. Love.
- As fall approaches, I’m getting the urge to re-vamp my wardrobe yet again. I need new sweaters and new jeans and I want scarves and boots and everything… Swear to God, I haven’t bought new fall/winter clothes in two years. *sigh*
- I think I have finally successfully hooked one of my friends on Friday Night Lights. I’ve only been talking about it for seven frigging years. Welcome to the FNL Club, Lindsay!! I’m so glad you’re enjoying the eye candy. ;)
- Speaking of Friday Night Lights… I think one of the characters on the show may be inspiring me to cut my hair even shorter than it already is. I love Tyra’s bob in Season 2. I realize that I look nothing like Tyra, but… I really love her hair. And I kinda want to try it. Am I crazy?
- I’m now in Week 3 of trying to lose weight, and I’m feeling really damned good about it. Last night, I finally joined the group of ladies who have been working out together a couple of nights a week. We walked the perimeter of Shelley’s yard a bunch of times, then got in the pool and did our own little version of “water aerobics”. We laughed our asses off, and I now understand why Brenda has been bugging me to join them for weeks now. Already looking forward to Wednesday!
- Fair Weekend is now only a few short days away, and the excitement is building. Got my pass, and I’m all ready to go… Bring on the Kim Mitchell, the Terri Clarke, and the Chad Brownlee (whoever the heck he is!!)
- It’s a weird time of year. I’m so looking forward to fall, yet there’s this bittersweet feeling of watching summer fade away. It’s been a long summer – and it’s been a pretty decent summer. It’s time to let it go. I’m truly ready for the turn of the seasons, and yet… it still makes me sad to say good-bye to the summer. These weeks of transition, with the kids going back to school and fall activites starting to creep up on us, kinda make me want to cry…
Well, before I go and get any more sniffly and sentimental, I think I better shut this post down.
Have a great Tuesday, peeps.