Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Treading Water

Ever have one of those days where you kinda feel like you're in over your head?

Like you're drowning... And nobody out there wants to save you.

That's the kind of day I had. I think it's fair to say that I just had my busiest day at work of 2007. And that kinda scares me, because it's only the second week of May. Usually the "busy time" at MVT is in June. So, like, in other words, "Buckle up, Jill". Geez. The phone was ringing like crazy, everyone seemed to be getting on everyone else's nerves...It just wasn't a very good day. And nothing even went catastrophically wrong, it just felt like there was soooo much to do, and not enough time to do it.

Then, on the two-minute lunch break I took (I didn't even go for my walk), I flipped through my agenda and realized things aren't about to let up. I officially nominate May as the busiest month of the year. (So far.) There are mixed parties and showers and Mother's Day and ball games and brunches and golf tournaments and ducks racing down the Quyon River...All coming up in the next three weeks. Oh, and one other thing that I'm not quite accustomed to this time of year (but that I really, really welcome) - SENS GAMES!!

It's crazy. I'm not joking when I say I feel like I'm drowning. I'm literally panicking, trying to figure out when all this stuff is going to get done.

But I'm willing to bet that you're all in the same boat...It's just that crazy-busy time of year.

I guess all we can do is tread water and hope we don't drown.

Oh, and on the Eve of The Eastern Conference Finals - GO SENS GO!!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I know exactly what you mean! I had a extremly busy day yesterday too! At one point I was like I NEED a BEER. I looked at the clock and it was only 10am!
It's starting to get crazy at work here too, events are poping up like crazy and of course nobody is organized so everything is URGENT. I need this, and I need this... BLAH BLAH! And like you said it's not only work, but theres lots of stuff happening on the weekends too.

But in the end all that really matters is our Senators!

GO SENS GO!!!

Jill said...

Kenny's comment:

Your busy now.......wait until your married with Kids and have your own house....you will be spring cleaning and making your husband supper (like any good woman would do) and helping kids with the home work, while driving them to ball practice (not soccer cause soccer is for losers). Then when you get home you would have to make the kids lunches for school and your husbands for work (see above). And then like you said if were lucky you will have to fit in Sens games somewhere

Gotta admit, K, you made me laugh...You make it sound like you're a 45-year-old daddy of 6 or something...But you're right, I shouldn't be complaining!

Anonymous said...

Well Jill, even though I was working off campus today at a career fair, I battled the dial up this evening to read the blog. Now I think that that is true dedication.

I cam quite excited for the game tonight. GO SENS GO!

I hope the MVT doesn't drive you totally crazy. BTW when does good old 3-pitch start? I think I am getting my very own ball glove this weekend and Wayne and I have been playing catch in the evenings after chores.

Anonymous said...

Kenny is wise beyond his years!
RFB

Jill said...

OK, I very rarely go back to old posts to comment, but I must today!

Sharon: I really appreciate your dedication - and believe me, I'm dedicated too for battling dial-up lately to write the blog at night! Yeesh! I have no idea when ball starts, and I can't believe I agreed to this. I don't even have a ball glove. This is a DISASTER!!

JNFB!!!!