Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Can My Heart Make It Through Round 3 ?!?!

OK, folks, here we go...Onto Round 3!!

That's right...The Eastern Conference Final!!!

I'm pumped. I'm psyched. I'm soooooooo excited!!

I was thrilled Saturday night when the Sens finally put the dagger through the hearts of those Devils from New Jersey, beating them 3-2 and taking the series 4 games to 1. You know, looking back, realizing that the Sens have only lost two games thus far in the 2007 Stanley Cup playoffs through 2 rounds, you'd probably have trouble believing that I've almost suffered about a hundred heart attacks. But I have. The playoffs are very hard on my ticker. On game days, I'm just a bundle of nerves, and by the time the puck drops, I'm shaking all over.

So I'm not sure it's good for my health that the Sens have advanced to the third round, but I'm not going to complain.

However, with the Buffalo Sabres joining us in the Eastern Final, I can be sure that things aren't going to get any easier.

I'm so close to the Stanley Cup, I can taste it. I want it so badly. I can envision the celebrations; I'm already anticipating the sheer ecstacy of being the Champions.

And yet, as Coach Murray reminded after Saturday night's victory, once we laid the Devils to rest, we're still only half-way there. And the mighty Buffalo Sabres are the next big obstacle standing in our way.

I still have nightmares over last year's second-round horror-show, when those "unsinkable Senators" sunk...and sunk bad. And it was those damned Sabres that ran us into the ice berg. I still remember going into OT in Game 5, our very playoff lives hanging in the balance, when Buffalo took a penalty and my spirits soared, because I truly believed we were in the midst of battling back and making history. We were going to be one of those very few, very special teams that clawed back from a 3-0 deficit and won the whole damned thing.

Then, on that Ottawa powerplay, Jason Pominville made a break into the Sens zone with only Captain Daniel Alfredsson back defending, and he walked in around Alfie and deflated all of my dreams with one shot.

It was a heart-breaker.

So now, thinking about the Sabres and the series that awaits, my stomach is already fluttering with butterflies. It's time for revenge. Time to put that miserable series behind us and move forward into glory. It won't be easy, but this team, this year, has given me every reason to believe that they can do it. It's ours for the taking.

And it all gets going on Thursday night...

GO SENS GO!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really think they can do it... and when they do I will be the first one on the blower to my Uncle Jim, Jill, you remember him from the wedding... well I will be the first to ring him up and say how-do-ya like them apples.

Jill said...

LOL...I remember your relatives at the wedding, I caught them all on tape bashing my Sens... Well, this year, I think they'll be singing a different tune (I HOPE!!!)

Well, Sharon, looks like it's just you & me on the Blog these days. I'm glad you're still coming around, otherwise I'd be depressed!

Rachel said...

Hey Hey! We're still here. I think its you Jill thats been slacking! One blog a week, geesh, you should be ashamed! lol. kidding.

GO SENS GO!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah... I wasn't going to say anything, but I am with Rachel, it's depressing for us readers to come to the blog day in and day out and see that there is now news... just the same stale week old blog that no onehas commented on in days.

Jill said...

I wrote a blog last Friday, Sharon was the only one to comment.

Jill said...

Sorry...Didn't get a chance to finish that last thought...LOL...What I was going to write was that I'm super busy at work right now, and in the evenings I haven't been in a Blogging mood, so that's why I haven't been writing a Blog a day, like I used to...I apologize, but I can't guarantee it's going to improve anytime soon, and I really thought nobody cared (using Friday as an example - only 1 comment) - But I'll try not to "slack" too much in the future.

GO SENS GO!!

Anonymous said...

It's okay Jill, we still love you. And like you said in your first blog, you may just come on and talk to yourself... and just because we don't comment, doesn't mean we don't read.