Thursday, May 17, 2007

Ah, Who Wanted a Damned Sweep Anyways??

OK, I'm a little depressed this morning.

Visions of the Stanley Cup Final were dancing in my head, right up until Andrej Meszaros bitched up a couple of seconds into the game and Derek "The Diver" Roy popped one in past Ray Emery. Then all my bad feelings started churning again, and before I knew it, it was 3-0 Buffalo.

I shoulda known that 3-0 series was too good to be true.

The good news is that the Sens fought back, scored two quick goals late in the second, and carried the play in the third, although they were unable to beat Miller again for that crucial tying goal.

The bad news is that the Alfie line didn't score, and while it's necessary for the likes of McAmmond and Schaefer to step up (thanks, boys) - we still need our big guns firing, too.

I don't know what to think this morning. One second, I'm like, "Dude, we're still up 3-1, we got this thing in the bag!!", and the next, I'm all, "Oh shit, we lose the next one and they'll be calling us choking dogs again, and we never do well in afternoon games, and I knew I shouldn't have been all cocky yesterday......AGHHHHHH!!!"

So yeah, I'm kinda psycho today.

Never thought I'd be up 3-1 in the Conference Finals and be all psycho.

They gotta win on Saturday, or I'm going to suicide myself. I just can't take the pressure.

GO SENS GO!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suicide yourself, is that not just a teensy bit excentric? Common!

So I played ball last night and it was good Jill we are going to be good... we missed you last night! Next week we play a double header, talk about getting into it quickly... I am excited!

Jill said...

Hey Sharon! I was very glad to hear at least one of my teams won last night...lol...But beware, I'm surely going to enhance the "suck" factor once I show up. You'll all be wishing there's Sens games every Wednesday night...

As for my psychotic tendencies today, they have lessened. I'm not going to suicide myself, at least not yet. In fact, I'm at peace with the fact that I'm going to a game 5...It could be much worse, so until things get worse, I'm just going to be happy with knowing I'm still only 1 win away from the Stanley Cup Finals!!

GO SENS GO!!

Anonymous said...

That's good Jill, stay positive. And I don't think you will enhance the suck factor at all.