Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The Stranglehold

I've mentioned before the importance of that one pivotal game in a series. The one where your favourite team is ahead 2 games to 1. The one where they walk that fine line between being tied 2-2 and taking a 3-1 stranglehold.

That's the game my Sens were in tonight.

Yeah, every game is huge. Every game is pivotal. Every game is super-duper-important.

But that one game...You know what I'm talking about. It's just the most nerve-wracking, gut-wrenching, heart-stopping game everrrrr.

And tonight, yet again, the Sens WON IT!!!!

Now, we have that coveted stranglehold, up 3-1 in the Eastern Conference semis over the New Jersey Devils. It was another nail-biter, and my heart still hasn't returned to regular palpitations. It's awesome!!!

Tonight, the glorious, fantastic, miraculous Martin Brodeur (and if you don't believe me, just ask Bob Cole) - well, he kinda looked human. Alfie's goal to kick things off in the first was pretty sweet, but then Heatley's shot in the second came from an impossible angle, and it never should have went in. Somehow, though, it eluded The Golden Marty. And then Fisher's goal to make it 3-1 early in the third was shot from the blueline, and somehow just zinged in over Brodeur's glove - another save that he normally would've made.

Now, I have all the respect in the world for Martin Brodeur. He's a great goaltender, no doubt about it. And he won Canada a gold medal in the Olympics in '02, for which I will forever be grateful. But I'm sooooo sick of hearing the CBC commentators blow sunshine up his butt that I can barely stand it. You'd almost swear at times that Brodeur and the Devils are dominating the series, and that the Sens are getting by on luck alone. At least tonight, they didn't have so much to rave about.

Marty had an off-night.

Guaranteed, he'll be back "on" Saturday night. Winning this series won't be easy, but I think the Sens will come out gunnin' and get this thing done in 5, back in the Swamp, Saturday night.

But until then, I'll just enjoy The Stranglehold.

GO SENS GO!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I watched the game in between commercial breaks of America's Top Model and I was full on the game at 9:00... it's so bad, I find myself staying up until 10:00 to watch these pesky SENS... it must be love... because I really adore my beauty sleep and it's really been taking a beating during these playoffs.

I caught Fisher's goal and I was UBER happy as he is on my Jersey! So that's was good.

Super game, super blog!